Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fan Club???

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fan Club???
 Login/Join

posted
Does ray Bradbury have a fan club?? If so, what is the e-mail address for it? I need to know this so I can finish a school assignment.. thanks!!

Me

Posts: 1 | Location: Okinawa, Japan | Registered: 31 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THIS!!! "IS" the 'Fan Club'

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Nard. I'm unaware of any formal fan club; but, as far as I know, you won't get a gathering of more loyal and informed Bradbury affectionados than you have here. I should think you could count this, for a school assignment, as a fan club.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there are a few online... but they aren't official. there is a japanese fan club... but i have no luck finding an english one. hey wait 'me', is this for question #10 on ms. restum's assignment? did u get the ray bradbury annual contest's website?

Posts: 1 | Location: okinawa, japan | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a story in "The Bradbury Chronicles," a collection of stories in honor of Ray Bradbury, author Norman Corwin spoke of an International Ray Bradbury fan club. I wrote him asking if there really was such a thing, and he said no, but there should be.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion:
Twenty five years ago I made some mumblings about a fan club, actually had a name... 'The Byzantium Society'....but it was just soon after that I heard Ray speak about the subject in a round about way...but the gist of it all was unmistakable: Ray did NOT like the idea. In that respect, we are all in trouble here!!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Believe me, if there was a "fan club" more official than this one, Nard Kordell would've posted a link to it by now.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heey! I found a gosh for real....?
?...Ray Bradbury Fan Club.

Don't look like much updating has been done on this particular website during the last year, but anywho... if you can make out Japanese, then you're in business my friend...
http://www.webinter.net/jrbfc/

posted Hide Post
Damn, I guess I spoke too soon. Thanks again, Nard!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those living around Chicago, this post is a little late. For instance, Sam Weller, Ray's biographer, already spoke here on the 6th of October, 2003. But there are other 'Bradbury Events' upcoming at this library

check it out: http://www.st-charles.lib.il.us/at_lib/programs/screads.htm

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-10-2003).]

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nard! I am fairly close to St. Charles, so I am going to try to make it to some of these events.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post