Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray At San Diego Comic-Con Aug. 03

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray At San Diego Comic-Con Aug. 03
 Login/Join

posted
Thanks to showbizphil, I now have tickets for Ray's play(s)in L.A. Thanks again, Phil!

Looking through past postings, I haven't seen any postings about Ray being a guest at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, and I wanted to make sure y'all knew about it.

He is scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 03 -- no time yet posted, the schedule for that day's events should be posted this coming Saturday the 20th on their website: www.comic-con.org

Here's what they have on the site right now:

Ray Bradbury (SATURDAY ONLY)
He could may well be the most famous science fiction writer of all-time. Ray Bradbury joins us for a special Saturday, August 3 panel with his life-long friend Julius Schwartz. With a career spanning books, comics, and film and television adaptations of his work, Bradbury remains one of the best-selling SF writers. His latest collection of short stories One More For The Road: A New Story Collection is in bookstores now.

Hope to see you all at San Diego and at the play in L.A.!

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, thank you, Pat! I hadn't heard about this news until you posted it. This is sooo cool! And to think I bought admission to the SD Comic-Con for Saturday only! He hasn't attended since back in the seventies, so this is cause for much rejoicing! Can you tell I'm excited?!?

Posts: 53 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's absolutely fantastic that he feels well enough to travel out of town to attend, let alone participate in, events! Please post any and all details you acquire!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update[/]

[b]From the Comic-Con program for Saturday:

2:30 An Hour with Ray Bradbury and Julius Schwartz�One of the all-time great science fiction authors and one of the all-time great science fiction editors (and before that, agents) chat about their careers. And there could even be a surprise guest or two! Mark Evanier gets the ball rolling with Ray Bradbury and Julius Schwartz. Room 6BCDEF

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray was, as usual, excellent, inspiring and energetic! Julius Schwartz, Ray's first agent, asked many great questions. Schwartz sold Bradbury's firt 71 stories including his first sale for money, the short story "The Pendelum." The two great American icons discuused how they first met, the process behind the writing of Fahrenheit 451 and Ray's stories adapted in EC Comics. It was an incredible day!

LIVE FOREVER,

Mr. Electrico

Posts: 2 | Location: Cairo, Illinois, USA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds great. Any chance a transcript of this will be made available?

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 08-06-2002).]

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those who like to hear Mr. Bradbury, he will be giving a lecture and book signing in Duarte, Ca. on Friday October 4th 7:00PM. The event is free and will benefit the Friends of the Duarte Library. Duarte Performing Arts Center, 1401 Highland Ave. Duarte, Ca. 91010

Posts: 1 | Location: Duarte, Ca. USA | Registered: 02 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post