Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    1939 New York Worlds Fair
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1939 New York Worlds Fair
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hey Nard, I thought it was so astounding to see that and in some offset way, it reminded me of Dandelion Wine. The grandparents heyday maybe. But you are right about people running in front of streetcars and cars zipping. The reason for the "appearance" of so much automobile traffic is that they had one or two cars keep circling in and around the streetcar the whole time. You should read all of the comments and the whole synopsis at the end if you haven't already. One person suggests repeating the journey starting at that same spot, proceeding at the same time of day going at the same speed and reaching the same destination. If anyone knows someone in Frisco, it could be done very cheaply with a handheld point and shoot camera or better if possible. I think it would be fascinating to see it today and being played back to back with the original. Doug could probably accomplish it or knows someone who could. If you can get this done, let me know. Oh also, I loved the kids in the end of this too, their exuberance shines out a hundred and four years into the future. Would that the families of anyone in this movie could enjoy their ancestors.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post