Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Gauntlet Press Welcomes Ray Bradbury Stories

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gauntlet Press Welcomes Ray Bradbury Stories
 Login/Join

posted
In his newsletter of today's date, publisher Barry Hoffman of Gauntlet Press included a Ray Bradbury anecdote submitted by one of his customers, and invited others to do the same. He indicated that some of those Bradbury stories would be included in future Gauntlet Press newsletters. Here is what Mr. Hoffman said:

"After our announcement of PHOENIX 451 in our last newsletter we received numerous emails from newsletter recipients, sharing their personal Ray Bradbury anecdotes. One message told a particularly poignant story of how he first met Ray Bradbury.

'I grew up in Australia and came out to Los Angeles to be a writer 25 years ago. Ray was always my favorite author, and lo and behold one day about twenty years ago, the mailman delivered two copies of Starlog magazine to my home—one was mine, but he had wrongly also left me a second copy... and when I looked at the address label, I couldn't believe it. It was Ray's copy, wrongly delivered to my house—who I discovered lived literally 30 seconds walk away from my house in Cheviot Hills. What a happy day! I had a perfect excuse to return his magazine, introduce myself and tell him how much his writing meant to me over the years. So I walked over to Ray's house and did just that. Every few months, the mailman would continue to misdeliver Ray's scifi magazines to me (because we subscribed to the same ones)... giving me another magical chance to chat to Ray...' — Craig, Gauntlet Press Customer

Thanks, Craig for sharing with us. If you have a story dealing with authors we publish (i.e. Bradbury, Richard Matheson, F. Paul Wilson, Clive Barker among others) send it to me at gauntlet66@aol.com. In the subject mention the author’s name and 'anecdote.' We’ll publish a number of those we receive."

Posts: 2447 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post