Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Sorry to Report

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry to Report
 Login/Join

posted
Saturday night, Ray Bradbury's brother, Leonard "Skip" passed away, in his sleep, at home. He went peacefully, with his wife, at his side.

Those of you who have Ray B's home phone number, please don't call at this time.

The man has a had a few close family/friends members leave this world, in the last few months. So Please say a prayer for him.

Take care
Patrick

Posts: 89 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers, indeed. It has been a difficult several months. Thank you, Patrick, for so gracefully informing us.
fp

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is very sad news and thank you for letting us know.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He will definitely be in our thoughts. That is a lot of loss in a short period of time.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear that.

Posts: 69 | Location: Matthews, NC, USA | Registered: 20 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please send my condolences to Ray and his family.

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for letting us know, Patrick. Please tell Ray he is in our thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im sorry to hear that i will keep him in my prayers...
- Sandy

sandy...

Posts: 12 | Location: fairfax,va,USA | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I offer my deepest condolences.
Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I would pass along the obituary. I took out the places of residency and the last names of family members.

Leonard 'Brad'

S. Bradbury Jr.

July 17, 1916 � April 3, 2004

Leonard "Brad" S. Bradbury Jr. of XXXX died Saturday of natural causes. He was 87.

A memorial service will be held at a later date.

Mr. Bradbury was born July 17, 1916, in Waukegan, Ill., to Leonard Sr. and Esther (Moberg) Bradbury. He married Sonnie Hartley on July 24, 1948, in Venice, Calif.

Mr. Bradbury worked as a lineman for the Department of Water and Power for more than 37 years and retired in 1975. He was a resident of XXX for 14 years.

He enjoyed paddle boarding, weightlifting, working outdoors and camping.

Survivors include his wife of XXX; three sons, Richard of XXX, Stephen of XXX and Leonard of XXX; two daughters, Victoria of XXX., and Cheryl of XXX; a brother, Ray of XXX; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.

He was preceded in death by his parents, one brother and one sister.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, or St. Vincent DePaul,

[This message has been edited by teejack94 (edited 04-09-2004).]

[This message has been edited by teejack94 (edited 04-09-2004).]

Posts: 2 | Registered: 09 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's indeed sad to hear that Skip passed away. I'm so sorry that I never had a chance to meet him. Anita and I spent the afternoon with Ray the following Monday, and he told us Skip died around the same time Ray was accepting his award at the OUT OF THIS WORLD tribute. It's been such a time for loss in Ray's wondrous universe --- from Maggie and Julie to his old friend Peter Ustinov and even Win-Win, one of the last two cats in the Bradbury household. Ray recently read the wire-service piece I wrote on Charles Bronson's death. He surprised me by saying they were old friends as well. "He used to live a few doors away from us, before he hit it big," he said. "We attended PTO meetings together." Such amazing connections ... Ray sold newspapers to John Barrymore and Buster Keaton, swam with Charlie Laughton, drank with Huston and Peckinpah and attended PTO meetings with Charles Bronson!

Terry Pace

Posts: 11 | Location: Sheffield, AL, USA | Registered: 09 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post