Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Pray For Ray Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pray For Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
You want to see a whole lot of interesting web sites pertaining to Ray in some way?

Then ...go to: Google (Just type the word Google into your 'finde'r... When Google comes up... type in the following, with proper space between words):

Type in: Pray for Ray Bradbury

That'll keep you busy for an evening's worth of Web Browsing...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I saw the "Pray for Ray Bradbury" heading, I thought he'd had a stroke or something. Some people just insist on seeing the bottle as half empty, huh?

It is interesting how many matches come up under that. Who thought to enter that in?

Some of them look like they'd be fun to pursue!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, ya had me scared there!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed! Whew....that was no way to start my day and I always see the half-filled glass!
Pray for Ray Bradbury is something I do, however, because of all he has done for so many!

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is amazing how much -- through his writing, mostly -- he has done and for how many. For me, he took a bored 9th-grader and opened up the world of ideas to him. Poetry, literature, religion, philosophy, a higher view of man -- all these were opened up to me because of Ray's writing.

This site is fun, in part, because I get to watch another generation -- a generation castigated as a video game generation -- get turned on to life by his writings, in the exact same way I did. Someone had them read a Ray Bradbury book and it changed their life.

The power of the written word is still so powerful! But in the hands of a writer like Bradbury, it can set the imagination on fire.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee,do you have to be ill to pray for someone....?

I don't agree with Ray's Unitarian beliefs. In fact, I never knew what his real beliefs were to lately.

Thru the years I've "attempted" to bring Scripture to his notice. In fact, Ray was very instrumental in 'my' getting "saved" years ago (explain later)...and was one of the first people I told... Ray, in turn, said he was happy "... to be a Christian influence on me." But Unitarian isn't Christian.
To make a long story very short, I just happen to punch "Pray for Ray Bradbury" into Google...and was surprised with the the number and variety of sites that appeared.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My heart also sunk when I saw the heading "Pray for Ray Bradbury". I was unaware that Ray is a unitarian. My father is also a unitarian. While I disagree strongly with those beliefs I have an excellent relationship with him. In fact, our love of Ray Bradbury is something we share. He was tickled pink when I showed him my picture with Ray at the comic-con. I will always pray for Ray!

[This message has been edited by Keli Linda (edited 11-13-2002).]

Posts: 32 | Location: San Diego, CA, US | Registered: 10 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without quotation marks around it, the phrase brings up many sites. With them, you don't get anything, but prayers get through just the same.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion / others::

What I can't understand is how can there be so many Websites that include something about Ray....when you type in:

Pray for Ray Bradbury

...in the Finder of Google.

I found one quote where Ray is asked the secret of life...and he replies...

"...the secret of life is to fall madly in love with something."

And I thought about it...and that is it, in a nutshell. I don't remember what prompted me to orginally type that phrase into a 'search engine', but it sure takes you for an interesting journey around the Web, if you have the time.

posted Hide Post
The optimist sees the glass as half full, the pessimist sees the glass as half empty, and the engineer sees a glass that is exactly twice as big as it ought to be.

The good news is, they're all right. DZ

Posts: 26 | Location: Ojai, CA, USA | Registered: 18 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee! Am I allowed this brief distracting message? Dumped the entire Systems Folder of my iMAC and am seeing if this works.. My e-mail doesn't... and hardly anything else....If this gets posted....

I am on my way....!!!

Found a great website for Hallmark cards...You can send an animated Christmas card with Music and Sound....will post the website address later tonight....if system works.....that is....

Mr. Dark::: Trying to E-mail you ...but without success... will hope to have success later tonight....

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 12-12-2002).]