Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    ray bradbury day

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ray bradbury day
 Login/Join

posted
last may, i attended reay bradbury day in torrance, california. i can't find any info on this years event. does anyone know anything about this? he has done it every year for the past 50 years.

Posts: 7 | Location: san jose | Registered: 18 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, a few weeks ago at the Friends of the Library in South Pasadena, the mayor proclaimed "Ray Bradbury Day" there.

Don't know if that was a replacement for the one of which you speak or not.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
chon:

A woman who is a friend of a lady who puts on the event, and was there last year, was at a bookstore I haunt on Tuesday. She recognized me from last year (not sure if that is a good thing or not) but commented they were still working out scheduling conflicts.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haunt is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...at a bookstore I haunt on Tuesday...

Spooky!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post