Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    my trip to see Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my trip to see Ray
 Login/Join

posted
I plan to attend the birthday party as well as the play (have ticket). I will probably buy a book from the shop so that I will have two opportunities to meet Ray. I should have a full day, possibly two, to explore LA and surrounds, (within the limits of public transit). I am wondering if members of the board might have some suggestions regarding Ray-related sites I might visit? How easy is it to get around on the LA transit system? I am thinking of staying at a hostel in Hollywood. Should I be thinking of staying closer to the Glendale area? Thanks for any replies!

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
skmckee:

As long as you want to go where the public transit goes we have a pretty good system...the only problem is that the public transit in Los Angeles does not go where anybody wants to go. Hollywood is five or six miles from the bookshop. The theatre is six or seven miles from the bookshop. You can get around but it ain't easy. I've not used public transit since the 50s so I may not be the best to answer.

If one stays in Hollywood one can visit the Graveyard for Lunatics or dine on flannel cakes at Musso and Franks. Ray met Harry Blackstone at Hollywood Magic.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming you are not from the LA/Orange County area...public transit is NOT going to get you anywhere in this neck of the woods. You should rent a car....$25 bucks a day is certainly possible...and do some serious exploring.

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post