Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New forum about Ray Bradbury
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New forum about Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
Welcome on the new Bradbury's forum. In Russia too much like Bradbury. And already several generations of people read his book. Sorry for my english.
http://rb.km.ru/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

��������� ���� � ���������� ����� � ��� ��������. ����� �����, �� ����� �� ������ ����� ����� �������� ���������� ��� � ����� ��������, ��� � � ��� ����������.
http://rb.km.ru/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Posts: 9 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 26 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Oleg, and welcome! Your English is much better than our Russian! Can you please tell us ANYTHING about the Russian version of "Dandelion Wine," "Vino iz oduvanchikov"?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oleg, do you remember the title of the first story you read by Mr. Bradbury? What qualities of his writing style do you find the most interesting?
Very nice to see your comments here!

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Oleg
����� ����������������

Posts: 13 | Location: Tbilisi, Georgia (Caucasus, Former SU) | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about russian versions of Bradbury's thing... I can answer because I read in russian
At whole, I read that translations from russian into english, shades and nuances cannot be passed well because english. What about english-russian translations - they are sometimes better than originals. But I cannot confirm or argue this, because it's hard to sens other language as native.
In general, translations should be very close to originals, isn't it? Can just say that russian versions of Bradbury's things are really good to read too, any of his things :-)

Posts: 13 | Location: Tbilisi, Georgia (Caucasus, Former SU) | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For dandelion:

As far as I know, there is no Russian version the novel "Dandelion Wine". There is a russian film - "Vino iz oduvanchikov". And I didn't see its.
Vino iz oduvanchikov - so the name of the novel in Russian sounds.

For fjpalumbo:

First novel which I have read - "451F". First story - "A Sound of Thunder".
I liked language of the writer. It was not the prose. It were verses. I did not meet more poetical SF till now. Reading and enjoy. In the our country Bradbury very much was lucky with translators. It were best our translators Nora Gal, Leonid Zdanov and others.
Unfortunately in Russia some novels are not issued.
For example: A Graveyard For Lunatics, Ahmed and the Oblivion Machine, They Have Not Seen the Stars. And all of a poetry. I did not read these novels. Even in the original.

Posts: 9 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 26 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
��� me_al:

������� ������. � �� ������ ���������������, �� � ���������� � �����������.

posted Hide Post
It sounds as if very little is lost in the translations of Mr. Bradbury's writing. You are correct, he is "poetic" (even in his narrative form).
This is what many visitors to this RB site comment on so often. Vivid imagery and strong tones (emotions) come through clearly in all of his works. It is nice to know you can experience this across linguistic and cultural lines.

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously, the ideas translate well though exact language can't always. "Vino iz oduvanchikov" seems to have been quite a popular miniseries in Russia, although I don't think it's on video and if so could not be played on American VCRs. Unfortunately I couldn't fully research it as some of the sites are in Russian and can't be accessed on my browser. I found a script in Russian written in English characters, but without pictures, it doesn't answer questions such as, did they try to keep the time period as 1928, or modernize it, and did Russian actors pretend to be Americans, or did they reset the story in Russia? I didn't even learn, as to actors, who played who. Perhaps you could access some Russian-language sites and provide more information. Thanks for anything!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't fully confirm this, because I can't read the Russian copy I have, or even type the title, but it seems that DANDELION WINE was translated. The book I have has a cover illustration of dandelions blowing in through an open door with a pair of sneakers sitting in it; the text--the paragraphing and dialogue--seem to match up on the first page. The edition I have was published in 1989, and is lumped together with a number of short stories in one volume.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 20 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oleg:
For dandelion:

As far as I know, there is no Russian version the novel "Dandelion Wine". There is a russian film - "Vino iz oduvanchikov". And I didn't see its.
Vino iz oduvanchikov - so the name of the novel in Russian sounds.

Oleg, there is Vino iz Oduvanchikov in Russian. I have it at home. It's printed v serii Classiki i Sovremenniki.

posted Hide Post
For dandelion:

Well. I shall try to find the information on this film. And also I shall try to find and look this film. Answers to your questions and my opinion about this film will appear later on this forum.

posted Hide Post
But this the same novel. Not special publishing.
��� ��� �� ����� �����, ������� ��� �� ����� ��� ��������� "���� �� �����������".
� dandelion, ��� ��� �������, ��������� � ����� ����������� ���������� ������ ����� ������.
Sorry that in russian. I much hurry.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oleg:
��� me_al: ������� ������. � �� ������ ���������������, �� � ���������� � �����������.

� ����������
������ ��� ����� ��������� ���� - ��������� ������������ ������, ������� � ���� ���. � ����� ����� �� ����� - ������� ���� ������� � ��� ������, � ��� ���������� ��� ����������� ������� �� ����������, ����� ������ ���� ������� ��������. � � ������ ����� �������� - ��� ��������� ���� - ���� �� ���� ���. ��� ��� ���� ����� ������� �� ���������� - ���� ��������
�����, �������� ���-������ ��� ��������... � ����... �� ����� ������ �����? ������, ���������� �� ����, ��?

posted Hide Post
��, ��������� ������ �����. ����� ������ ���� �� ������ ����������� � ����� ������� ������. ��� �� �� ����� ���������-��������������. � ���� ����� ��������� �����. �� ����� �����, ���������� ��������� � ��� ����������. ���� ������ � "���� �� �����������". � �� ����� ������� ������. �������, �� ������ ����� �� ���������� ��� � ����.