Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Cover art anyone?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cover art anyone?
 Login/Join

posted
A few people have asked me to consider adding more Bradbury book covers to my web site. This isn't something I originally planned to do, but there seems to be a demand for it.

Problem: The only Bradbury books I own are the ones I've already scanned for the site! If anyone would like to scan the cover(s) of any of their Bradbury books, feel free to email them to me directly.

Before you start, though, (he said, hearing the flood gates creaking open) please look at the thumbnail images already on my website: those are the ones I DON'T NEED! But if you have a different edition of a Bradbury book to the one I have used, please send me a scan.

The site is at http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in5379/

I would prefer any images sent to me to be in JPG format, about 500 pixels high, with a file size of less than 200kB.

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like you may be in luck. I looked and none of my copies match the copies on your page. Unfortunately it may be a while before I can get them to you, as I mostly go online at school and all the disk srives have been removed from the school's computers. I guess to discourage some sort of activity, I don't know what that sort is, exactly, but now I'm rambling, so I'll catch ya later. Good site, once again.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, what a great idea! I've just sent you a letter with links to five or six scans. (This includes what is, in my opinion, the best Martian Chronicles cover ever. If anyone else wants to see it, it's at http://www.yourinter.net/flearn/mc2.jpg .)

I'll wait a few days to see what other covers you get, before sending more.

[This message has been edited by octobercountry (edited 09-03-2003).]

Posts: 85 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That SWTWC cover is pretty spooky!

Posts: 135 | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could the many book covers represented in "An Illustrated Life" be scanned from the book pages, or would the images then be too small? On this subject, Bradbury reports that the books are out in all new editions, with new covers, and that he designs each cover by providing a sketch of his idea for its design, which is then sent to a professional artist.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone who has provided scans so far - keep 'em coming. I hope to put a few on the site over the weekend. By the way, I should have asked that you send me the publication details as well as the scan! (If possible, give me publisher, date of your copy, and artist credit if known.)

Dandelion, I have scanned a few items from the "Illustrated Life" book, successfully; but some are a bit small. I'll see how things go with submissions form forum members, and use "Life" to top up the collection where needed.

- Phil

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 09-04-2003).]

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post