Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES
 Login/Join

posted
There have been a few inquiries regarding my biography of Ray so here's an update:

The official title of the book is:

THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES
Predicting the Past, Remembering the Future
THE BIOGRAPHY OF RAY BRADBURY

The "Bradbury Chronicles" has been used before on a few lesser known books and magazine articles, but the fine minds at HarperCollins, along with me and Ray, all feel it sums things up succinctly and beautifully.

THE PUB DATE AS OF NOW (SUBJECT TO CHANGE) is March 2005.

I wish I could tell you what trinkets we have in store for all the die-hards, but I'm still not at liberty to divuldge. My goal all along has been to make this a book for the fans because I am a fan.

�Tons of revelatory detail
�never before published photos
�DVD style extras that, I hope, will blow your minds.

Ray Bradbury has altered popular culture forever. It is my hope that this book is a pop extravaganza.

Cheers! Back to diaper changes and no sleep! Seriously folks, I'm a walking Zombie so please forgive any typos.

And by the way...Patrick posted earlier about my new baby and I must say, if anyone should have the good fortune of meeting this fine man, he is the best. Patrick -- Jan and I love you and Cathy and the kids. You've been one of the brightest spots of working on this book. God bless you. Dinner and libations on me next time I'm in LA!

Cheers,

Sam Weller

ps -- there' a new story on the college class I'm teaching on the life and works of Ray Bradbury at:
http://www.ccchronicle.com/back/2004-05-10/campus4.html

ENJOY!

[This message has been edited by Sam Weller (edited 05-12-2004).]

Posts: 48 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam, thanks for the update! And a class on Ray Bradbury, taught by his dear friend and biographer...I am so jealous of your lucky students! Why didn't they have a course like that when I was in college?

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's one course I woulda aced, ha-ha.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How fortunate we have been over the years to exchange on this site dedicated to Mr. Bradbury. It has evolved into a location for celebration and reunion. Where else can individuals from around the world share joys, tell of accomplishments, get advice, inform of coming events, and -alas- carry away some of the sadnesses evoked by lost loved ones. This is a unique forum. (It is not hard to understand why guards go up immediately when someone jumps onboard with malicious intent.)

So many of these posts are sincerely motivated by Mr. Bradbury's human spririt and artistic life. We have much to look forward to even as this amazing man approaches his 84th birthday (Sam's bio, new RB books, a movie this summer, and plans for others taking shape).

Sam, wishes for a "good night's sleep" to you and Mrs. Weller. A baby girl!! Congratulation to your family for the miracle that has entered your lives!

The book sound fantastic. We all await its birth in 2005! The Columbia conference with RB was an experience of a lifetime for those present. Best wishes, fp.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a thread a while back about who could portray Ray in a movie about his life...I nominate Sam! He looks just like him in the photo, and having worked with Ray on his biography, I'm sure he knows Ray's life well enough to bring it across in character...Just a thought.

[This message has been edited by groon (edited 05-13-2004).]

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam,
Congratulations on your new family member, I just hope it isn't another 'Small Assassin'. Glad to learn the publication date of your biography next year. I will be ordering one, how would I get a signed copy? I haven't been able to get up to LA due to recovery from surgery, so I am missing some of Ray's plays. I met you at a book signing in Glendale last year. Love your new addition every day, and remember to always tell the child how much you love. Thanks, Philip Trask

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post