Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    destruction for the sake of creation
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

destruction for the sake of creation
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I have no idea what happened to the "u".....maybe we Americans just want as many shortcuts as possible? I suppose you could also ask why we put the "e" in words such as theater before the "r" instead of after it.....

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who knows... maybe these phenomena were (or will be?) caused by another unprecautious incident of time-travelling? - Causing only slight changes, barely noticeable...

Posts: 59 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeh? Rite. Whut ar thu chanzes uv that happining?

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard once that good old Ben Franklyn tried to rationalise the American language, to get rid of all those superfluous letters that we Brits cling to. I don't know if it's true, though. (Or should that be tho' ?)

Phil (the resident Brit)
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's because we Americans look for more effecient ways to do things. A 'u' in colour? Who needs it? 'E' at the end of "theatre?" Let's move it up a notch.

See how much quicker things get done?

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorant.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, It wkors! Tihs is gerat fun!
Gtoto psas tihs on to smoe firedns.

Crehes, Mnees

P.S. But it ddni'd wrok wehn I had to gvie my psaswrod...

Posts: 59 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL! We've long since established the computer *isn't* a human mind! (After all, what human could possibly have deleted those 300-some posts from "Ruled Paper" with all those great pictures of Robert Fuller? No human could resist!)

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post