Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Clarisse's disappearance

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clarisse's disappearance
 Login/Join

posted
What do you think happened to Clarisse, when she misterously disappeared, do you really believe Mildreads theary that she is dead?

Posts: 6 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Clarisse wasn't hit by a car. I think she was banished by the fire department because of her happy and free willing views on life. But Ray Bradbury wanted you to think about her disapperance, to help make you come up with your own opinion.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think that she was kidnapped bye the government because of how she thinks. i think she may have read one of the books that she wasn't sopposed to. Maybe she was abducted by aliens. maybe she got hit by a car and died. maybe she had a heart attach. Maybe she kidnapped by some guy and got raped. maybe she was put into jail or sentenced to death because she did something that wasn't communnist.

Posts: 3 | Location: lemont, il, usa | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also don't think that Clarisse was hit by a car. But I always don't think that she was banashed. I think that she was burned because she had so much knowledge and she had to of had books to gain so much knowledge. I think that her and her entire family was burned without Montag knowing because that was when he was going through his awkward stage and he was asking a lot of questions and was suspected of a crime.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I totally agree with the fact that Clarisse wasn't hit by a car. One of Ray Bradbury's best qualities as a writer is his ability to make the reader think. When Clarisse mysteriously dissapeared my first thought was that she was banished because of what the town thought of her. She was different from the other people and she came off as no good to the people who believed in having "too much" knowlage. I'm still curious as to what exactly happend to her. Perhaps she was burned for having books? But if so why didn't Montag know about it. After reading this novel my mind is still racing with questions and that's why I like it.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that Clarisse wasnt hit by a car. I think that serveral people complained about her because of how she looked and acted. They might have thought she was a weird girl and was capable of doing bad to the society. I think she was banished by the government so they wouldnt have to deal with her. I think Clarisse changed peoples life after they had a conversation with her. After her and Montag had a talk, she made him question his job as a fireman. That is why i think they banished Clarisse.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clarisse is like Constance--(a character in a series of books by Bradbury--for those of you who don't know he wrote OTHER books)--she AIN'T DEAD--she is awaiting a "second act."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clarisse was probably sent to a Centre for Re-education, much like the hapless pedestrian in . . . "The Pedestrian".

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't believe for a minute that Clarisse was hit by a car. That's just a story that was made up by the officials to cover up what actually happened to her. I think that the fire department had exterminated her for knowing too much. Clarisse actually made people think, and that's what they feared. Clarisse was the reason that Montag started acting weird at work, and Beatty probably figured out that that was Clarisse's work. They had this society in which everything was about being happy and having fun, even though most people weren't. The fire department was afraid that Clarisse knew too much about books and that she had too much time to think about things. They didn't want her to start some sort of trouble or riots within their society. The firemen obviously weren't too fond of the McClellan family since they were tracking them for years. Afterall, even Beatty said that Clarisse was "better off dead." From what I understand, that makes it sound like they did kill her. I don't think that her or her Uncle necessarily possesed any books, I just think that they were cast out because they knew too much and people saw that as a threat to their society.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interestingly; and ,I believe, approved by Mr. Bradbury; in the Truffaut film, Clarisse appears at the end as one of the "Book People". Nice.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what i thought about clarisse's disappearance is sad because Guy Montag really liked her and she made question his life. Guy was really into clarisse but now shes gone and he could never get her back.

Posts: 6 | Location: lemont,il,60439 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that Mildred wasnt hit by a car but was set up by the fire department, just like Montag was supposidly killed at the end of the book. She did things people didnt do and werent supposed to do. She would walk around the town and when it started to rain when Montag was talking to her, she started to open up her mouth and catch the rain drops. Montag had no clue to what she was doing because he doesnt have as much knowledge as she does due to reading books. She probally was caught with books in her house and was burned or banned from the towm. Mildred told Montag a different story because she didnt want him to get curious about books. She knew he liked her as a friend and is she were killed because she had books, then there must be a real reason behind those books. All in all, Clarisse wasnt killed by a car. She was set up and killed for the wrong reason just like Montag was at the end of the book to cover up the identity of books.

Posts: 3 | Location: Lemont IL 60439 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i don't beleive that clarrise was hit by a car.. i think it was all aset up to get montag in trouble... to see if he would really take in book s and read them.she was all in on this Clarisse was the reason that Montag started acting weird at work, and Beatty probably figured out that that was Clarisse's work. The fire department was afraid that Clarisse knew too much about books and that she had too much time to think about things.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pinkfloyd3453:
What do you think happened to Clarisse, when she misterously disappeared, do you really believe Mildreads theary that she is dead?

I think that the fireman killed her becasue she read books.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post