Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I need help on a paper i am writing on Mr. Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need help on a paper i am writing on Mr. Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
i am a junior in high school and i am writing a paper on mr. Bradbury and i need to write about how and what events in his life have influenced his writing.i am having trouble finding information.if anyone can help it will be greatly apreciated.

Posts: 1 | Location: rancho cucamunga california | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone on this board may want to take the time and effort to explain some things to you...but it would behoove you for YOU to take that time and effort ... to go thru all these postings, all the topics...and links, and ..."read all about it."
That's what we did in high school: research and study....(or at least some of us.)

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would start with a book pubished last year called THE ILLUSTRATED BRADBURY, by Jerry Weist, which discusses in detail many of the influences on Ray's writing. You should be able to find a copy in a local library or bookstore. In addition, many of the introductions written by Ray to his in-print books often discuss what influenced his writing. Check them out! Also, there are several books of criticism on the writings of Ray Bradbury that have been published over the years. Some are out-of-print, so you may need to check a local public or university library to find them. All have been listed at one time or another on this website, but here they are again: THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES, by George Slusser (Borgo Press,1977); RAY BRADBURY, edited by Martin Greenberg and Joseph Olander (Taplinger, 1980); RAY BRADBURY, by Wayne L. Johnson (Unger, 1980); RAY BRADBURY (MODERN CRITICAL VIEWS), edited by Harold Bloom (Chelsea House, 2001); and RAY BRADBURY: A CRITICAL COMPANION, by Robin Anne Reid (Greenwood Press, 2000). Also, there are two books of criticism devoted to Ray's novel "Fahrenheit 451": RAY BRADBURY'S FAHRENHEIT 451, edited by Harold Bloom (Chelsea House, 2001) and READINGS ON FAHRENHEIT 451, edited by Katie de Koster (Greenwood Press, 2000). OK? The rest is up to you!

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 03-08-2004).]

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try this one Alien. http://oregonmag.com/Bradbury1001.htm

I am finishing Martian Chronicles with a senior class. I must admit, most were hestitant at first. Now they are all totally into the story. We also view selected episodes from Bradbury Chronicles and the original NBC MC mini series.

It really works well in view of current world events, Mars and the Rovers, and the unparallelled imagery the author created throughout the entire book.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paging Mr. Dark...paging Mr. Dark...

<font color=navy>~Melody D.</font>

Posts: 16 | Location: Lancaster, CA, USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since Mr. Dark has answered this as thoroughly as such a question can be, I think we ought to just bump that post up and refer them to it every time such a question comes up and save the rest of us the grief.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post