Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Update on "Fahrenheit 9/11"
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on "Fahrenheit 9/11"
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Dear Ray,

In regards to your protest about Michael Moore using Farenheit 9/11 as the title of his film, I suggest you get over it.

There is a noticable difference between Farenheit 451 and Farenheit 9/11. It was probably a tribute to your title, take it as the compliment it most likely was, and get on with your life.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a series of articles, including one on...to phrase it politely...certain inaccuracies in Moore's assertions:
http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=561592&mp=p>1=3584

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
April 2003, John Ashcroft's Justice Department disrupted what
appears to have been a horrifying terrorist plot. In the small town
of Noonday, Tex., F.B.I. agents discovered a weapons cache
containing fully automatic machine guns, remote-controlled explosive
devices disguised as briefcases, 60 pipe bombs and a chemical
weapon � a cyanide bomb � big enough to kill everyone in a 30,000-
square-foot building.

Noonday, Texas � William Krar � Noonday to Crawford � 190.56 Miles

Waco, Texas � David Koresch � Noonday to Waco � 166.36

Crawford, Texas � George Bush � Crawford to Waco � 24.20 Miles

An old saying by Nietzsche is that "A casual stroll through the
lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."

A casual stroll through east Texas is not unlike a jaunt through a
lunatic asylum.

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think." Adolf Hitler

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished
unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
Voltaire

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of
truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers
and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always
fall - think of it, always." Mohandas Gandhi

"Any government that supports, protects or harbours terrorists is
complicit in the murder of the innocent and equally guilty of
terrorist crimes." George W. Bush

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and
murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure
wind." George Orwell

Southern Partisan: "Setting the Record Straight"
Attorney general nominee praised white supremacist magazine
"Your magazine also helps set the record straight. You've got a
heritage of doing that, of defending Southern patriots like [Robert
E.] Lee, [Stonewall] Jackson and [Confederate President Jefferson]
Davis. Traditionalists must do more. I've got to do more. We've all
got to stand up and speak in this respect, or else we'll be taught
that these people were giving their lives, subscribing their sacred
fortunes and their honor to some perverted agenda."

--John Ashcroft, Southern Partisan magazine interview (Second
Quarter/1998)

Posts: 4 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re this:

I'm actually Moore... I mean MORE disturbed that Michael Moore's title alludes to one of Bradbury's works. As far as I'm concerned, Moore could well be the best propoganda writer for 1984's ministry of information. Bradbury, on the other-hand, is a writer of integrity, real imagination, and heart.

Are you out of your MIND or just a CIA plant?

Michael Moore is doing the EXACT same thing with facts that Ray Bradbury did with fiction in his book. Not only should RB NOT have a problem with MM's work and re-jiggering of the title, he should be publicly applauding him for the important work he is doing!

Wake up, Dude - the Neo-Nazi's are large and in charge in the White House, with the result being that Amerika has become the police state they so desperately want as part of their "Great Plan" for world domination.

(Couple of examples aside from the Patriot Act: Let's see, the Supreme Court just ruled that it's perfectly okay for the police to ask you for your ID even if you're just walking down a road minding your own business, and the Federal Government just overruled the Washington State government and said that it's okay to have "random searches" of cars on ferryboats. Good-bye Fourth Amendment, it was nice to know ya!)

And how much do you wanna bet some "terrorist act" will occur on the Fourth of July this year that The Illuminati will blame on China or North Korea? Hello WW III, the U.S. and China duke it out until all their resources are expended and then let's all wave and cheer as worldwide martial law is declared by a U.N.-led "peacekeeping army."

In closing and in all fairness, MM does have a way of sometimes being a little too "screechy" but that in no way takes away from the excellent and incredibly important information he's providing to a populace kept too long in the dark by Illuminati-controlled media that would rather show you Paris Hilton taking a dump than pictures of innocent Iraqi and Afghani women and children slaughtered by U.S. cluster bombs as we make their countries "safe for democracy."

Remember, anytime you see the word "security" you should substitute "control," and anytime you see the word "democracy" substitute "oil exploration."

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: 23 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! All members of the Ray Bradbury message board community NARD KORDELL is a true champion, and winner. If you post something that he doesn't like he will shame you with his wit and smarts, so badly that you will cry. Again I repeat NARD KORDELL is a true champion.

Posts: 15 | Location: Carson, CA USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigh.

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. You cannot copyright a title. Moore could have called the film Gone With The Wind if he wanted to.

2. He didn't use the same title although he could have see 1. He used a reference to the title.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just want to say that unless Ray Bradbury cleared "I Sing the Body Electric" with the Walt Whitman estate--to cite one example--than he is a hypocrite and a jackass on this one. Even in the unlikely event that he did, I still think he's the latter. Too bad, because he used to be a really good writer.

Posts: 17 | Location: nowhere, AK | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Double sigh.

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jeanblackqueen
teetop

In the media world today, there are no rules. It's a jungle of greed, politcs and literary corruption. Moral arguments are invalid. Absolute truth no longer fashionable. Must you hold to these 'rules' in order to come up with your judgments? How else, otherwise?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,
I'm not sure what your point is. In any event, my point is that Moore playing off of Bradbury's work to make his title is no different and no more or less moral than Bradbury's use of quotes from Shakespeare, Whitman and others in titling his works. I'm sorry Ray doesn't like it, but once you put something out there you really don't have any control over what your readers (including other artists) do with it. Ray needs to grow up. Even if he doesn't like Moore personally or artistically, he should understand that the title is a tribute and testimony to the continuing relevance of his own work. It's sad that one of our best living writers can't see this and is instead making himself look very foolish in public.

Posts: 17 | Location: nowhere, AK | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
teetop

You actually got the point:

You don't get it!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever. Ray's wrong on this one. Only a sycophantic fanboy could think otherwise.

posted Hide Post
Teetop,

You say sycophantic fanboy as if that's a bad thing.

Seriously, why not take some time and browse some of the other threads? Your argument has been brought up, and disposed of, before. But perhaps there's something new you'd like to add.

Best,

Pete