Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Am I the first?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I the first?
 Login/Join

posted
Is it possible that I am the first to post on this new board? If so, what am honor. But I haven't checked the other areas, perhaps I am not the first.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Biplane!
Yes, It seems you're the first and I'm the second!
I'm not too thrilled with the new format: seems a bit unwieldy, the default font as I'm typing this reply is thin and wimpy, the colours are femmy, and I suspect logging on will take longer.
But, it's good to be back in contact with y'all.
We'll see how it goes, eh?
Hope you had a swell Easter. I'm still only in the second week of Lent, as Orthodox Pascha (Easter) isn't until May 1st this year!
By the way, there's a series on tape of the old "Suspense!" radio shows which includes a great version of Bradbury's "The Screaming Woman" starring a very young Margaret O'Brien.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to mention it again, especially on this new board, I called Ray last night and told him how much I was enjoying the 2 CD set of Tales From The Crypt which includes a neat get together of Ray, Al Feldstein, and Jerry Weist discussing the early art of the EX comics and the fact that quite a few of Ray's stories were adapted to the comics.

He said that he was going to see "A Sound of Thunder" in two days which will tomrrow, Friday the 1st of April.

His eye surgery was very successful and he said that he sees colors now that he hadn't since he was a boy.

He also mentioned that he attended an event last night and signed "about a thousand books and didn't leave until midnight."

As usual, it was great to visit with him, albeit a short one (6 minutes and some seconds) and he thanked me for calling.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This board will take a little getting used to. I was pretty used to the old format. It was nice in its simplicity.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

He said that he was going to see "A Sound of Thunder" in two days which will tomrrow, Friday the 1st of April.

You means the movie?

Posts: 34 | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. He did see the movie then and called it "beautiful."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Yes. He did see the movie then and called it "beautiful."

Thank you~~~~

Did Mr.Ray talk about the release date of this movie?

Posts: 34 | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't ask and he didn't tell. He did mention they didn't tell him everything that was going on with the new autobiography as far as release date, promotion plans, and so on.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Autobiography? Is Bradbury writing an auto-biography?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I meant the current biography. Ray did write an autobiography some years ago but I know of no plans to publish it.

posted Hide Post
Wow! I don't remember hearing he'd worked on an auto-biography. I wonder if there are any chances he'd go back to it at all.

posted Hide Post
Since it was about 30 years ago, there'd be a lot to add now!

posted Hide Post
quote:
His eye surgery was very successful and he said that he sees colors now that he hadn't since he was a boy.

What? You mean that most of his life Bradbury have not seen the colors? I did'n hear anything about it before!

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't remember that, either. Good to see you again, Elron.

Are you guys getting the Sam Weller biography of Ray Bradbury? It came out in the US today. I snagged one at lunch today.

posted Hide Post
I picked up my copy yesterday at the local Barnes & Noble and have enjoyed what I have read so far. Sam Weller's writing style is excellent and his words are very easy to read.

It will be interesting to see how the majority of the posters here who read the book differ in their opinion of the book as opposed to the Frederik Pohl review.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,