Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    LiveCloud

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LiveCloud
 Login/Join

posted
Is it just me, or have others had difficulty accessing this message board recently? On some occasions, my browser waits and waits and nothing happens. On other occasions, after a long wait there is some message about LiveCloud, and then I am taken to the message board but without being logged in.

(And this isn't on just one computer. During the course of a typical day, I will usually look at these boards from three of four different PCs.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi philnic,

One day last week I had problems accessing and my service-provider took me to an errors page. It happened during a number of attempts over perhaps 2 hours. I gave up, and the next day it was fine.

Best, Linnl

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I've encountered the same problem. It was really slow at first, then it would not let me access my login.

Cheers to wonderful technology!

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. It seems to be working OK for me today.

It's little failures like this that worry me when people say that in the very near future everything we do will be accessing "the cloud", and we won't store any files on our own computers.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can get in today, but I couldn't the last couple of days.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well, as long as I have computers and software sitting around, I'm not letting my business be stored in the "clouds". Even software that isn't the latest and greatest is pretty good.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that I recall, and I generally check the board at least once a day.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post