Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Looking for LP of October Country songs
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for LP of October Country songs
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Menes,
Ya, Scandihoovian is yust a goofy version of Scandinavian - mostly referring to Nordo-Americans.
Unfortunately, being 3rd generation, I only know the Norwegian names of many foods and a few words. Lutefisk is pretty, uh, intense.
Randy,
I'll ask about Don Husing. Rosemary Chalmers, the host of the morning show, is my neighbor. She'll know if he's still there.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's pretty nasty, is what lutefisk is! My grandmother, who emigrated from Norway, used to make me eat it. And it reeks when you cook it; not to mention, the care you need to take in soaking it beforehand (who on God's green earth decided that preserving fish in lye was a good idea?).

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lived in Minnesota for 28 years and never once did lutefisk cross my lips. With lefse it was an entirly different matter.

We lived about 45 miles from a lutefisk processing plant and one day I stopped in wearing a three piece suit (yeah, this was a few years ago) and the smell hits you real bad, then after a couple of minutes you don't notice it. Later I made some other business calls not realizing that the smell of the lutefisk had permeated my suit and the expression on the faces of those other people--not good!

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 12-15-2004).]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Friends,

I have a copy of that October Country LP; and I would be happy to hook you up with CD copies...

Also, the LP could be available if I get a solid offer...

"Last Knight"

Posts: 1 | Location: California, USA | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are the terms the same? We send you a blank? I might take a couple of each!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Gang,
********* BREAKING NEWS ********
We found him, (YEAAAA)...
The long missing BOB JACOBS HAS BEEN FOUND)
I had a very nice email from Bob, and he gave a O.K. to make a FEW audio cass. of "DARK CARNIVAL". So I'll make a total of
10 copies (first come, first served)...
It's the same deal,
you send me a NEW HQ C-45 audio cass. with return postage, and I'll make them for you.
(NO CHARGE)
If you wish to contact Bob Jacobs, you can email him at:

jacobs@bradley.edu

It's been 45 years that Ray Bradbury's Dark Carnival record has been out. Maybe Bob & Ray can re-issue it on CD??? (HINT,HINT)
If Ray & Bob read this, thanks again for letting me make a few cass. for all the fans out there...
Randy Hauck

Posts: 11 | Location: Sylmar, CA 91342 USA | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Randy,
I'll ask about Don Husing. Rosemary Chalmers, the host of the morning show, is my neighbor. She'll know if he's still there.[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi BRALING II,
Was Don still working at KSCO in Santa Cruz?
Randy

Posts: 11 | Location: Sylmar, CA 91342 USA | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Randy, for not getting back to you sooner. I just found out that Don Husing IS still working at KSCO, though I haven't yet met him. He probably has an e-mail address there, but you could call 831-479-1080 and get some info. Happy New Year!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Attention folks: My near mint promo copy of the Tower "Dark Carnival" album will be going up on eBay in the next week or so. Check out my eBay "handle" of luke00 to see what Ray Bradbury goodies I'm posting. Probably start to list about 100 items by the weekend (1/22).

Thanks! -- Stephen (braitman@mindspring.com)

Posts: 4 | Location: SF, CA | Registered: 21 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jarrell:
Back in 1968, I played on an album of songs based on the stories from The October Country. Two singer songwriters from Santa Barbara, Bob Jacobs and Denny (can't remember Denny's last name) wrote the songs, and we recorded it in LA in the spring of 1968. Ray was there for the recording, I was blown away to meet him.

Anyway, I wish I got a copy of the album back then, but I never did. Anyone know where I could find a copy (or hear of it)?

Hi, this is Dennis Pfister. I wrote four of the tunes on the album and played all the classical guitar parts.(Bob Jacobs wrote the words for all the tunes).

By the way, there was another tune that didn't get put on the album because of space limitations. The song was titled "The Lake".

Posts: 4 | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is Dennis Pfister. I wrote four of the tunes on the album and played all the classical guitar parts. Bob wrote all the words.

There was another song "The Lake" that wasn't recorded.

Also, just for the record, the tune October Country was written by Bill Howe and purchased by Medley,Paterson and West and that is the reason his name is not on the album.

posted Hide Post
Hi Dennis,
So nice of you to post a comment on the site.
I sent you a email at your AOL address. It would be nice if all of the people that was on the recording of the sessions, could get together for a re-union...
Randy Hauck

posted Hide Post
Awesome! I don't have this album, but I am going to try hard to track it down. Maybe my dad has it somewhere? He was a Bradbury fan in Ye Olden Days of LP. HE actually only read a few of his books, not the Bradbury maniac I am, but he liked him.
And thanks for posting on the site! If you are who you say you are...

Posts: 38 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Randy:
Hi Dennis,
So nice of you to post a comment on the site.
I sent you a email at your AOL address. It would be nice if all of the people that was on the recording of the sessions, could get together for a re-union...
Randy Hauck

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Pfister:
Hi, this is Dennis Pfister. I wrote four of the tunes on the album and played all the classical guitar parts.(Bob Jacobs wrote the words for all the tunes).

By the way, there was another tune that didn't get put on the album because of space limitations. The song was titled "The Lake".

Wouldya look at that! It's a reg'ler
reunion!

Posts: 38 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post