Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Looking for LP of October Country songs
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for LP of October Country songs
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Randy, you are fast on the way to gaining our eternal gratitude.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Muchisimas gr�cias, amigo!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Dandelion,
Did you or anyone still want a audio cass. of "Dark Carnival"?
Thanks,
Randy Hauck

Posts: 11 | Location: Sylmar, CA 91342 USA | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do - Just finished a 3 performance Christmas concert and am swamped at work, so I just haven't gotten around to sending a tape yet. Soon come.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in the same boat. Have a 2-performance Christmas concert coming up and still have to do all my Christmas preparations! So we're looking at after New Year's.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool! Are you a soprano or an alto, or do you play an instrument?

posted Hide Post
I am singing soprano and playing Mark Tree (really windchimes, but don't tell anyone,) triangle, congas, and suspended cymbal. Busy, busy!

posted Hide Post
The first performance is today for any of you near Southeastern Washington State.

posted Hide Post
Good luck!

I'm singing bass and we had a Christmas performance one week ago at a local radio station with our choir. I joined only about two months ago, so I had to do a lot of practising to catch up with the others - but it was worth it, the performance was fun and all enjoyed it!

In the picture below, we are rocking to our special version of "O Tannenbaum"...

[This message has been edited by Menes (edited 01-03-2005).]

Posts: 59 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, it's great to have fellow musicians on board!
Besides the last concert (in which I had a solo in Bach's "Magnificat"!), I'll be on the radio Wed. Morning around 8:30 (KSCO AM1080 in the S.F. bay area) in another persona, that of Ole with my neighbour Sven. We'll be doing Scandihoovian Christmas songs, including some by Yogi Yorgeson and Stan Boreson; names that may be familiar to those of you in the Pacific Northwest.
Pickled herring and akvavit anyone?

posted Hide Post
Braling,

Don't forget about the lutefisk and lefse! (you can have the lutefisk......I wouldn't wish that stuff on my worst enemy!!)

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uff Da!

posted Hide Post
For: BRALING II,
When you go to the station (KSCO)
in Santa Cruz, Say Hi to a old friend of mine, I don't know if he's still working there (DON HUSING) It's been awhile.
Thanks,
Randy Hauck

Posts: 11 | Location: Sylmar, CA 91342 USA | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Menes--What a fun looking group!! So which one are you? (If that is too nosy, don't feel you have to answer.) I wish I could see a fun concert like that, although I am taking my parents to a Christmas Broadway show this weekend at the Rialto Square Theater in Joliet that looks to be pretty good.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lmskipper, I respect nosy persons! I'm one of the head-banging, air guitar playing group on the right side of the picture, (second column, middle row) but as my face is turned to the side, it doesn't give away much either...
Of course, this shot represents a highlight, as we saved that best song -- or rather the song with the best choreography -- for last, our performance also included quieter (but not less intense) songs as Come All Ye Faithful or Winter Wonderland. In fact, O Tannenbaum was the only German song we had -- our director (the guy on the piano), who also writes our arrangements, had the impression that most German Christmas songs (and this one in particular) sound rather sad, so he arranged a merry version for us!

Braling II, Magnificat -- wow, that's a great one! But what does the term Scandihoovian mean? -- Are these Americans with Scandinavian ancestors? Do you also speak Scandivian languages?
I haven't tried lusefisk yet, but other strange food like Swedish surstr�mming (canned herring preserved with yeast) or Icelandic h�karl (shark buried in the sand for a couple of years and then dug up again) -- I realised why you have the akvavit aferwards...

Sk�l!

[This message has been edited by Menes (edited 12-14-2004).]

Posts: 59 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post