Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    searching for titles, thanks for the help

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

searching for titles, thanks for the help
 Login/Join

posted
Hi. Can anyone please tell me the title of the short story in which the scientist or hunter from the future steps on a butterfly while time traveling and changes his future world? I know its one of his most famous works but I can't remember the title.
Also - years ago I read a story or short novel in which future Earthlings encounter aliens who I think are friendly, but somehow bring about man's end. The only major plot point I remember is that they looked like our traditional view of the devil - horns, tail, etc. and that was supposed to be a "future memory" or something, that we would associate these creatures with evil. To be honest, I'm not even sure that Ray wrote it, but it sounds like something he would have, and I'm at a loss here, and I figured someone here might be able to help.
Thanks all...any help regarding these titles would be greatly appreciated.

-HRW

Posts: 2 | Location: NY, USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first one is "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury.

The second is not by Bradbury. You can try asking here: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1...en&btnG=Search&meta=

and here: http://forums.abebooks.com/abesleuthcom

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HRW,

The second story sounds a lot like Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End."

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pete: I agree, Clarke's "Childhood's End" sounds right. I loved that when I first read it.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, both were correct - re-reading both the short story and a plot summary for "Childhood's End", you guys were right on the money.
I appreciate it, take care.

-HRW

Posts: 2 | Location: NY, USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post