Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New movie - CHRYSALIS
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New movie - CHRYSALIS
 Login/Join

posted
Roger Lay, producer of the short film A Piece of Wood, has told me all about his new FEATURE FILM production of Ray Bradbury's Chrysalis, which has just started shooting. For more info, including some photos, visit my website!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"WONDERFUL!"

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't wait! I love that story.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So great to see Ray's work continually adapted to film.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing story. That movie should be great.

Posts: 13 | Location: West Lafayette, IN | Registered: 27 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An update on Chrysalis, with new pictures, on this other website:

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2008/01/18/Exclusive-...-Bradburys-Chrysalis

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This link will take you to a listing of some screening of Ray Bradbury's Chrysalis. It will be screened at Shriekfest, in Los Angeles and at the International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival in Phoenix with other screening being planned.

http://www.bradburychrysalis.blogspot.com/

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm off to Hollywood to the premiere screening of Chrysalis, to which Roger so kindly invited me.

Hopefully, will be able to take a few photos to post.

http://www.shriekfest.com/
http://www.chrysalismovie.net/

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No photo ops. Maybe next Wednesday.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you give us a non-spoiler review, Doug?

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
Can you give us a non-spoiler review, Doug?

I'm going to re-read the short story so I can do a proper comparison, but they did a remarkable job considering they had to pad the script by about sixty pages!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I trust the padding is more sophisticated than "A Sound of Thunder"... where the film makers used up the source material in about two minutes, then just made up a completely unrelated plot!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I trust the padding is more sophisticated than "A Sound of Thunder"... where the film makers used up the source material in about two minutes, then just made up a completely unrelated plot!

Yes. Roger and I agreed that A Sound of Thunder was dreadful.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
When we walked into the screening room from the green room, I saw Irvin Kershner sitting in the audience. Of course, I approached him straight-away and reminded him that he knew me. "Oh yes", he recollected. Why you didn't come in the green room?, said I. He didn't know about it, said he. I didn't know you didn't know, said I. Oh, well.

After the screening, Ray was asked to say a word or two about the film. His word? "I think Mel Gibson should burn his film on Jesus Christ and release this one instead!" (Take it easy on him now, Ms Fox.)

George and I excused ourselves to go smoke - I mean to have a cup of coffee, and as I said goodbye to Ray, he asked, "how did you like the religious ending of the film?". I said fine, and told him that I loved his ending of King of Kings, as well. He said "call me tomorrow at noon."

I think he wants to discuss more religion (hey - that's my subject!)

Photos, and maybe a YouTube tomorrow. I gotta go to bed now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:

After the screening, Ray was asked to say a word or two about the film. His word? "I think Mel Gibson should burn his film on Jesus Christ and release this one instead!" (Take it easy on him now, Mr Fox.)

Word around for years has been that Gibson's final straw that broke his plan of making of Fahrenheit 45l was not so nice comments Bradbury made about Gibson, that got back to Gibson. It seems that Bradbury has not relented pertaining to his comments on Passion of the Christ.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post