Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Reading the Invisible -- A Sunday Afternoon with Ray Bradbury & Friends

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reading the Invisible -- A Sunday Afternoon with Ray Bradbury & Friends
 Login/Join

posted
Ray will be reading from his new Salmon Publishing poetry collection � I Live by the Invisible on Sunday March 16th, 4 p.m. at Beyond Baroque Literary Arts Center 681 Venice Blvd., Venice, CA. Reading with Mr. Bradbury are Salmon Managing Director Jessie Lendennie, Huntington, West Virginia poet Laura Treacy Bentley and Los Angeles poet Larry Jaffe. Write to larry@poetix.net for more info. http://www.poetix.net/bradbury.htm

Posts: 1 | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody live near LA?!

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No -- Pittsburgh. But to be honest, I'm seriously considering taking a flight to LA and spending the weekend. My fiancee gave me the "OK," and I can get a round-trip ticket for $280. It would be a great get-away weekend, and what better reason to go than to see Ray B. give a reading? I have a little money saved up, and it sounds darn tempting.

What do you think...Should I do it?

Best,
Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, definitely. And don't think about it too much, just do it. It will be a blast!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to my lovely wife-to-be, I'm officially going! She got me a round-trip ticket for my birthday.

I think this will be quite an adventure, and I'm really looking forward to it. I've never been to LA before, but more than that, I can't wait to see Mr. Bradbury!

-Greg

posted Hide Post
Greg Miller:

You can click on the following to see, live, the beach area in Venice, California, near where Ray will be reading his poetry. Pictures change every 20 seconds or so with this particular live Web Cam. It was 82F day before yesterday. Best Wishes....

click on: http://www.westland.net/beachcam/

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard-

Thanks very much! What a beautiful area. I was amazed to learn that the reading is less than six miles from LAX (Airport), so getting there will be a breeze once I arrive. I didn't know Venice was so close to the heart of things!

I'll let you know how it goes and be sure to take some pictures.

-Greg

posted Hide Post
Well, Greg, how did it go?

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email me for photos!

-Greg