Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Hello GirlMontag

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello GirlMontag
 Login/Join

posted
Hi GirlMontag, I see you are on the board right now. Several of us have talked about the possiblitiy of this being close to Instant Messaging. I am curious if you see this post and can respond to it.

This evening at 10:00 PM Florida timeI watched Miami Ink on TLC. I really find the show interesting and the artists there are all fantastic.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, sorry! I left momentarily to run to my friend's dorm, but I have returned. I love the show Miami Ink, and try to catch it whenever possible. The only problem is that I rarely turn on the television, so I forget its existence quite often.

Montag Lives

Posts: 23 | Location: Nashville, IL | Registered: 10 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, neat it is working. I am a night owl and so am up with my daughter Emily (who was displaced by Hurricane Wilma, soon to leave for her own place, again) watching COPS.

I would love to stop by the Miami Ink shop somewhere in Miami Beach. I live in Sunrise which is west of Ft. Lauderdale. Where is Nashville?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nashville is in Southern Illinois, about an hour away from St. Louis. It is a very, very small town, so I have always read a lot to entertain myself. I am currently about an hour away from Nashville going to Southern Illinois University at Carbondale (for two more weeks, that is!)
This college does not have my major (Creative Writing), so I am moving to Minnesota next fall (to the dismay of my parents).

Montag Lives

Posts: 23 | Location: Nashville, IL | Registered: 10 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where, may I ask, in Minnesota? I moved down here from there five years ago and lived in Willmar (100 miles west of Minneapolis-St. Paul) for 28 years.

posted Hide Post
My best friend and I will be moving to Minneapolis, and I plan to go to Metropolitan State University. I will have to pack extra layers, for I hear that it is very cold up there. Is it cold all year, or just for most of it?

Montag Lives

posted Hide Post
Only during the winter months, i.e., November, December, January, February and March. Many times there are blizzards in March. And in the fall it may be until December before it snows. It is real cold as I remember one year I have a photo of my Toyota sitting on the lake infront of our house on Eagle Lake. All the lakes were frozen (12 inches thick to hold an automobile) but no snow.

Then there was the Holloween blizzard of about 1999 or 2000 (I think). It started snowing on Holloween and snowed for two straight days and the snow didn't melt for a long time.

If you like snow sking Afton Alps is a lot of fun. In the summer it can get hotter than here in Florida--100 degrees. And the humidity can be as bad as well. But Minnesota is beautiful and home to Sincalir Lewis (Sauk Centre) Charles Lindbergh (Little Falls) F. Scoot Fitzgerald (St. Paul) and a lot of actors are from Miineapolis. You will like it, just dress warmly in the winter.

posted Hide Post
I hope so, but I know it will be worth it once I am in school.
I know that Neil Gaiman lives in Wisconsin, so that is very exciting, as I've recently become a fan of his works (and I've gotten my Mom to read both Neverwhere and American Gods).
Have you read any Neil Gaiman books? They are very well researched and written. American Gods is rich with mythology and folklore. I didn't want the book to end! Luckily I will get a new book of his next week for my birthday. I am very excited about this!

Montag Lives

posted Hide Post
I have to say that I have not. Wisconsin is also beautiful and definately a place to visit. You have to try the cheese curds, if you haven't already. And remember, Wisconsin is the home of the Cheese Heads.

Willmar is home to Freg Cogelow, world reknown wood carver. Also home to Jennie O turkeys. I knew you would like to know that information.

posted Hide Post
Haha, thanks for the information! I am looking forward to a change of scenery. I've lived in Southern Illinois my entire life, and I think a big move could be quite refreshing!

Montag Lives

posted Hide Post
Hey, this experiment has worked out very well, but my daughter is going to sleep in the living room and I need to go to bed myself as it is 1:25 AM here although the posts read California time.

I enjoyed visiting with you and hope that we can do this, hopefully with others, sometime in the future.

Good night, or should I say Good Morning?

posted Hide Post
Good night/Good morning!
Have a good day today.

Montag Lives