Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Complete Story Listings
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Complete Story Listings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Still bad, BAD Dandelion!

Since there have been changes which no longer enable us to edit older posts, I won't be able to do the list the way I started (in other words, the uncorrected/unmodified version on this and the subject thread will have to stay as is), but if anyone feels compelled to add corrections or updates, go ahead and I'll post an updated version later on in the thread when I get to it.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The list on my site (direct link here) is accurate up to, and including The Cat's Pajamas, which is Ray's most recent major story collection.

There have been one or two story appearances in magazines and chapbooks etc since, which I haven't yet incorporated.

To find uncollected stories look for the phrase "uncollected to date" in the Collected In column.

This is the most accurate and detailed single listing you will find anywhere on the web.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least Philnic is good!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trade/Wants List Updates:

Hollerbochen's Dilemma--I do now have an anthology containing this. Not right in front of me, so can't state exact pages, but very short, no more than 3.
The Undead Die (with E. Everett Evans)--A kind friend supplied a scan of this. Again, would have to find his email to tell how many pages, but since it's scanned could be emailed without printing.
All on a Summer's Night--Sorry, very behind on my reading--as I said, Dandelion has been very bad--but wasn't this a "lost Dandelion Wine Story" that appeared in the latest 100 stories collection?
A Little Journey--Again, this one appeared in the latest 100 stories collection, as may have one or two others on the list, which, as I said, I haven't updated. Otherwise no changes.

posted Hide Post
Moving this thread up as it will be time for updates when Dandelion stops being so very bad.

posted Hide Post
Two or three collections past due for an update. Watch this space. (And the one in this thread's twin!)

Edit: No, just here. The twin is no more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Perhaps the best solution would be to bring out a multi-volume set (10-15 volumes!) titled "Complete Stories." They'd have to be labeled by volume number, followed by a title identifying that volume and setting it apart from the rest. Each story should appear just once, all grouped more or less by type, with less-successful stories distributed among more-successful ones of the same type. It would be really interesting to arrange them this way to show how his writing developed and demonstrate what "worked" and what didn't.

Hey, look who had the great idea before Touponce and Eller's efforts were announced!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
No, but I think it might still be being worked on. Obviously I need to contact Donn with some questions as soon as I get a chance.

Update: Dr. Eller says YES, such a volume is definitely in the works! No publication date projected!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djmonolith:
The Death of Mr. McCarthy - Blue and White Daily (Apr 21, 1938)

Mummy Dust (as Cecil Clayborne Cunningham) - D'Journal (May, 1939)

Guess these two either weren't short stories, couldn't be positively attributed to Bradbury, or were considered minor/amateur/juvenile works and not included in Volume 1 of The Collected Stories.

posted Hide Post
As Phil pointed out, two stories in The Cat's Pajamas were previously published, but as I never got around to including them on the uncollected list, there was no need to remove them. Rather than remove any more stories on the earlier list to further update it, I simply listed in what collections they appeared.

Now, here is the REAL, TRUE, GENUINE, OFFICIAL count of uncollected stories. (Not to be confused with the number of unread stories, soon to be revised!)

Stories which may or may not be by Ray Bradbury: 2

Stories by Ray Bradbury published 1938 - 1998 which have not appeared in any Bradbury collection (including rare and foreign collections): 43

Stories published 1998 - 2012 which have not appeared in any Bradbury collection (including rare and foreign collections): According to Phil's Short Story finder, apparently only 6. Most of Ray's new stuff is being collected.

Uncollected total as of right now: 49 or 51

(Goodness, we have it worked down to only two to three volumes' worth!)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

posted Hide Post
Dandelion, I scrolled up and down a bit but I can't find the context of the bit you quoted. What volume is in the works, according to prof. Eller?

And by the way, I think the problem with "The Death of mr. McCarthy" is that no text can be found. I think it says so somewhere in The Life of Fiction or one of the other Touponce/Eller books.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For both "The Death of Mr McCarthy" and "Mummy Dust", THE LIFE OF FICTION says "attributed bo Bradbury in 1995 (Albright)". Both are listed as "short stories".

On that basis, therefore, I think it is legitimate to list them as uncollected Bradbury stories.

When I get time, I might look in THE COLLECTED STORIES to see if there is any further reference to these pieces.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by celsius233:
By the way, do you know why BRADBURY BITS & PIECES: THE RAY BRADBURY BIBLIOGRAPHY: 1974-88 was never done? I understand the book was supposed to be a definite sequel/supplement to THE RAY BRADBURY COMPANION and planned release around 1992.

Asked back in 2004.

posted Hide Post
The Life of Fiction has a comprehensive bibliography up to early 2004. But eight years (and quite a few stories) have passed since then. I particularly enjoyed the Eller number system, which provides a reliable reference framework for every published story. Is an update available anywhere?

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've not seen a continuation of the "Eller" system, but I would think Prof E would still be maintaining it. I will ask!

- Phil