Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Need your opinions on stories/plays for 8th graders
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need your opinions on stories/plays for 8th graders
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
That's a great story! The very first Bradbury I ever read, in fact. I like to reread it from time to time.

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another story my students (seventh grade) have really enjoyed over the years is "The Screaming Woman." I usually teach it around Halloween, and then show the video from the Ray Bradbury Theater. It stars a young Drew Barrymore, which they get a kick out of. They all seem to relate to the idea of not getting an adult to listen to or believe them at times, and they also love the pure horror of it. The video is very well done, especially in the part where they dig the woman up. It looks like they have gotten to her too late, but then her hand reaches out and everyone in the classroom jumps. Pretty cool!!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post