Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    !!! DANDELION ALERT !!!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

!!! DANDELION ALERT !!!
 Login/Join

posted
I'd suggest that when this "post" comes up, 'dandelion' needs to have her computer tied to an loud alarm bell that immediately goes off. 6PM 3 AM 12 Noon.... whatever time.

These uninvited posts not only defaces the board, but it's also in a foreign language that's unreadable. Be different if we even knew what the heck they were talking about. What a mess! (now dandelion is thinking "What!? Are you kidding? Gee, thanks, Nard!")

============================================

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 08-09-2006).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more Nard! That said, I just want to say thanks to Dandelion and her magic wand as she diligently surveys these random meaningless posts and sweeps them away keeping this old ghostly martian town clean for us all. Its something I'm sure she doesn't have to do and I greatly appreciate it. We don't cotton to them kind around her and we taint gonna stand still fer it...

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, thank you very much, dandelion, and may I suggest ice packs for your poor mouse-clicking fingers.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soaking your fingers in a glass of wine before drinking it also helps.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Dandy is like a Wendy to us Lost Boys.

Just had a thought: what would someone not so many years ago (and even today in some places) think upon hearing the phrase,
"...ice packs for your poor mouse-clicking fingers..." ?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HeeLLpp! GgguurGlle! Whh ..guurggle...is dand...ggGGguurrrgle Lion ??? ggguuus gUlp!

.. .. ..

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
g

GG

g

uu

UU

\.
RR

ll

l

G

g
g
g

e

e

e

!!

posted Hide Post
Hey... How did Tipcell become a member? His/her profile says over 300 posts.

I move to revoke Tipcell's membership. Do I hear any objections? All in favor say "AYE!"

posted Hide Post
AYE!

Thanks, grasstains, for the suggestions. I'm on four kinds of painkillers now--one prescription, one homeopathic, one I take just at night, and another topical (ointment, which seems to help.) Also in process of changing my workstation setup and acquiring a new chair. Open to suggestions about ergonomically correct chairs. (Which this AIN'T.)

Trouble is, NO ONE is responsible for this board. Not the publishing company, nor the webhost or whatever the name is for those who put it there--it's a poor "orphan" misfit! The most I got the "techs" to say they'd do was transfer any posts missed in the move or otherwise lost in cyberspace from the old board to the new one--and I haven't even begun the process of THAT. (Any Bradbury fanatics with OCD and insomnia are welcome to apply for the job.)

Not sure how I'd get such a thing as a banning done even at the "real" board. There may be a way to which I do have access but have been too dense to figure out, or it may be possible to do only by the person in charge at the publishing company--you know, the position that hasn't been filled yet.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for being the responsible one, dandelion. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Regarding comfy computer/office chairs, I had the pleasure of experiencing a Herman Miller "Aeron" chair in Indianapolis last weekend. You don't just sit, gravity is suspended beneath you. I'd love one, but too pricey for me.

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Let's be quiet as a mouse And build a lovely little house for - Dandy!"

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happened to you to be on that much pain meds? Did I miss a post or many??? Either way, sorry you are in so much pain and I hope you feel better real soon.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have this funny sinking feeling!

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Robot. My sister blames poor ergonomics at the workstation, but really it isn't just the computer. As I shift to other jobs, the pain shifts, but SOMETHING ALWAYS HURTS to the point where I've about given up on getting rid of it and settled for more or less controlling it.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arthritis? My daughter has had Rheumatory Arthritis since she was two, she is now thirteen. It has gone into remission twice and come back again, which is very disheartening. It has been in remission for a little over a year to date. I hope sincerely that whatever you are suffering from, you can obtain fast relief.

Onward to Mars!