Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    !!! DANDELION ALERT !!!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

!!! DANDELION ALERT !!!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Whatta you think,all! Is it finally time to close down this website? If it cannot be maintained at all times, it'll turn into a mess. If, say, several of us had the means to sweep the site once in a while, it'd sure get the load off of dandelion's back. How could that be done...? Or what else could be done. Suggestions?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your daughter. I don't see how my condition could be arthritis as different places hurt at different times. Also, arthritis would seem to be a joint problem while I don't think my joints themselves hurt, it's everything around or connected to them.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you saying that you or your doctor don't know the cause of the pain?

Thanks about my daughter, thank God it is in remission. I can't tell you how upsetting it is as a parent when this comes back, being so helpless in the face of it. I hope and pray never again.

[This message has been edited by Robot Lincoln (edited 08-12-2006).]

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion: Not kidding. This could be the first signs of getting old. AND...stress will pull every muscle in your body into painful ways. Neck, back, legs, everything starts to hurt. Occasionbally, I take a couple aspirins, have visited a chiropractor, who helped immensely. But that was 2 treatments a day for a couple weeks. In general, there are times when '''everything''' hurts. Being nice to yourself and being wise in letting stress run off your back, not only helps your back, but the rest of you as well. (Or you can spend a fortune with the doctor, doing tests, etc etc etc, until the insurance runs out or you run out of money.)

Er, thanks for throwing the cleaning rag to this site again...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert Lincoln: That's a great burden, that your daughter had. Now unless someone corrects me, I think Ray's wife, Maggie, had something very close along those lines. Her fingers were pretty well crippled in later years.

posted Hide Post
Hey Nard, the thing that amazed the heck out of us was her fortitude and good cheer in the face of it. We as parents took it very hard and handled the situation much more grievously. It was worst in the mornings and she had to really work at limbering up by excercise and hot baths. She had it in her left knee, right ankle, wrists and fingers. Its thankfully in remission now, has been for some time. Thanks for your kind words.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The main thing I have is carpal tunnel syndrome. Also, something wrong with a connection from the underside of my wrist to my thumb--the doctor said the name but it was far too long to comprehend. I assume the other conditions have names, I just don't know them all.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sympathise with you. My wife works for Anthem Insurance and sits in front of a computer typing all day. Some nights she can barely move her hand and wrist. Once again, hope ya feel better Dandelion!

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
If I may be permitted to offer some second-hand advice;

For rheumatoid arthritis, minocycline has been known to cure it after a year's treatment.

An old home remedy for other kinds of arthritis is eating a few golden raisins a day that have been soaked in gin. (!)

And, finally, some not-so-second-hand advice: see an Osteopath rather than a chiropractor.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone able to read ancient Martian text? Translator, where are you?

Could it be Aramaic? Maybe we've found some golden tablets of our own, the REAL lost Testament. LET'S START A RELIGION!!! Move over, Mormons, and make way for The Bradburians.

Captain Hart, your long search is over.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this sight was supposed to be for Ray Bradbury, not screwing around. I'm not complaining, though...

Austin C. Koontz

Posts: 5 | Location: Reno, Nevada, USA | Registered: 15 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watch out, this city will eat you alive....

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
maverixboarder11: Ha! THISis the dear OLD board, where just a few of us are left. EVERYONE has gone to the NEW board.

We are here still surprised that THIS nearly abandoned Bradbury site still is functioning. Something like a lost satellite still beeping a message saying it's alive...

Welcome, nonethless. For serious discussion, however, go to the NEW Bradbury board... http://www.raybradbury.com

====

Everyone else:
Ha ha! Joke on dandelion...(or on myself, for that matter!) I 'forged' one of those uninvited foreign postings, with a 'satiric' response inside the post. I guess it looked too much like the real mccoy! The "Topic Starter" clearly had my name...but dandelion didn't notice. Well, all for naught, I guess...

======

posted Hide Post
Oh, darn it, I missed it. Do another.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grassgtains:

You see it was something like this:

a��e�πpRrqΩZa�ı∫x≈E�ag√
A�eZ3��seE�ıbz Za�≈≈Xi�e��x0�l�
ja�e≠xX�S∂wxEW� �e E�mO�Ee

That was the topic... inside similiar looking stuff, BUT with the translation reading:
"Again the foreign unknowns tantalize those American palates with silly trinkets!"