Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Kindle Version

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kindle Version
 Login/Join

posted
I've been reading Ray Bradbury books ever since I was lent one about 17 years ago. I've devoured them. I would LOVE to add them to my kindle through Amazon... however most of them are only available in audio form for the kindle. I am not a fan of the audible form for kindle. I want to read the stories within my own mind and take from it what only my imagination conjures. I would really appreciate this new resource for kindle. I don't know if this will fall upon "deaf ears" but I thought if I might be heard hear. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

If you read this Mr. Bradbury, Thank You! I first read a book by you (Dandelion Wine) perched in a tree (hiding out from my siblings) at 13. I haven't ever forgotten how stirring it was for me and you are easily my favorite Author. The Small Assassin is the story I've favored most.

Posts: 2 | Location: Where Ever We Happen To Be PCSed | Registered: 03 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board!

Ray has been known for his antipathy to ebooks and anything that smacks of computer... however, when he recently signed a new contract for FAHRENHEIT 451 he gave permission for ebook versions to be published. I haven't checked to see whether this has been actioned yet, but it can only be a matter of time.

I imagine that from this point on, every book contract that comes up for renewal will, by default, includes ebook rights, and that eventually you will be able to get all of Bradbury's major works in that form.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite a few of my more prized authors seem less inclined to favor the e-book route. I, however, embrace both routes. Personally, I prefer a hard copy in my hand. Sadly, I travel out of necessity. I can, with some finesse, pack books for my little duck. For me though, it is impossible to pack more than one. Even on day trips or to here or there I like to have a book at hand. Thanks to the e-books and e-readers alike, I get enjoy the realms of others nearly everyday instead of once in a great while.

Thank you so much for replying BTW. I honestly was not expecting anyone to even read my post so I'm quite please to have gotten a response... and an answer to boot. Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Location: Where Ever We Happen To Be PCSed | Registered: 03 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are some ebooks to be had around the web if you know how to look. Not much though. Hoping the heirs release them as regardless of Mr. Bradbury's views, the new generation is an e-generation.

Posts: 3 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 07 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Click on the link below to see today's BREWSTER ROCKIT: SPACE GUY comic strip, and the latest book technology! Wink

https://www.gocomics.com/brewsterrockit/2023/08/06

Posts: 2438 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post