Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Is Bradbury a god to you people?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Bradbury a god to you people?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
[SECRET QUOTE]Originally deleted by Teh Bradbury:
[/QUOTE]

Oh I confess i' am so strupid. sorry for making myself stupid in front of everyone. i'm actualy smarter but i have to look stupid to please my stupid friends.

Aha!
Retrieved by new software!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Teh Bradbury>
posted
embroiderer...who the hell do you think your fooling?

about the equivilent to me saying: i think you try to act stupid to be cool

except you mispelt numorus amounts of words a first grader could spell

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee, don't you get it Teh? He's fooling you, silly person. Since you couldn't spell any better, and you think a first grader could spell better, is that mean you are still in kindergarten? (No harm in asking, I guess.)

We love you Teh.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty strange how Bradbury can give such absolute answers on some subjects and not even acknowledge the existence, yet alone validity, of other viewpoints, yet be so hard to pin down on other subjects of vital interest and importance to so many.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's just a man...

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nope, he's a god...Teh?, you can come back now wherever you be....

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray has said he's a good "pope with a small p." It's his fans who have gone so far as "god with a small g."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've often stressed to Ray that the character of God is strewn and raveled into those neatly made weavings of his prose.

But is it Ray himself that carries it to a foggy stop-off with, Yes! God thumbprints Thee be not another, and yet, God dwells NOT there at all in my writings...for it's ME, and only ME entwined in those artistically created metaphors?

Listening to Ray lately, seems he tends to lean hard to the latter. And when he says 'we' are all 'gods'...this just increases the fog in figuring out his thinking on the matter.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'TB asks:

quote:
Answer the question, do you think Bradbury is better than Jesus?

Define 'better'

You are comparing apples and oranges here with your blanket question.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Blevins is correct when he asks the definition of "better".
Are we so primitive that we need to get into whose god is bigger, better, bouncier?
"Apple and oranges" Mr. Blevins said. Accurate enough.
Both Ray and Jesus are/were humans. Ray writes stories. Jesus IS a story.
Personally, I don't believe in the big majical invisible beings.

Relax. If you want a god, be one. Don't subscribe to primitive idiologies. Make one of your own. I don't believe any one person can be all things to everyone. We all contribute in our own way. Find your talent and be it. You'll be happier for it.

Posts: 21 | Location: Ubiquitous | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
purrfectgirl:

Jesus saved me back in the late 1970's. It's been a hard, difficult walk learning what it means to let Christ nail my sins upon his cross. The reality of his life was not exactly a fantasy to me before, but a matter of not knowing what it meant. Now, because of knowing Him, I'm little by little coming to understand just how unexplainably large life is. For it's not rationally understood, but understood thru Christ in me...or you...

'The character and meaning of Christ is foolishness to those who are perishing.'
I]Paul the Apostle[/I]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Oh, I don't know - I kind of like the Monarchy!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NK...sorry if I offended you. Just so you know, I am not perishing. I'm quite a realistic and satisfied person, as I'm sure you are with your faith. I'm just responding to your quote:
quote:
'The character and meaning of Christ is foolishness to those who are perishing.'
I]Paul the Apostle[/I]

I have yet to feel the need to be "saved" as I have been drugged, shot, stabbed, and raped and survived it all with scientific, not devine, intervention. Hence my lack of faith. But if that works for you, you have my respect.

Posts: 21 | Location: Ubiquitous | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lack of faith.
Okay, got it!

It doesn't work just for me. It's not about working for just someone. It's about uncovering what is. I like lengendary fantasy author A. Merritt. I don't know what his beliefs were, but he talks in awe about what exists just beyond his understanding in his fantastic work, Metal Monster. He had a sense of that. Again, God is not rationally understood. It's spiritually understood thru the prism of Christ.

posted Hide Post
NK - Thanks for the reference. I've heard of that book but I haven't read it yet.

I know I'm in the minority by not believing in God, but I'll continue to remain open to all possibilities. Just haven't been convinced yet.

But back to what started all this...no, Ray Bradbury is not a god. He's a wonderful man with a lot of energy and vision. Better than most, but not as good as others. I love him for more than his writing. He has an abundance of good qualities and I hope he lives forever.