Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Is Bradbury a god to you people?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Bradbury a god to you people?
 Login/Join

<Teh Bradbury>
posted
Answer the question, do you think Bradbury is better than Jesus?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Close.

But he doesn't know that.

But, define the term, if you will. According to you, what would it mean if someone is better than Jesus? Thanks!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not better, it's just he generally makes me feel better. Ray is not God, just a demigod to me.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Demigod" is a good word! He is the Hercules of American literature.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, but God is using Ray Bradbury.

Unfortunately, tho Ray has written about that ("...God thumb-prints Thee, be not another..."} he has no specific understanding on who that might be. To Bradbury, God is mostly undefined. Undefined because according to Bradbury, GOD includes being YOU. This now culturally popular notion that includes the 'me' generation and the world where absolutes do not exist, has become a part of Bradbury's ideology.

Tho God's character is found in the details of the works of Bradbury, Bradbury is comfortable to see otherwise.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"God's character is found in the details of the works of Bradbury" -nice way to phrase it, Nard.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not one of us.... not one of us...

*heaves and staggers foreward in zombie like state*

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Not better, it's just he generally makes me feel better. Ray is not God, just a demigod to me.

BUT Dandelion!!! of course hes a god!! we do after all have nothing better to do than sit around and correct each others grammar for fun! in fact we take turns! not only that, but we steal each others points and decorate our bradbury shrine!!!

*sarcasm*

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Teh Bradbury>
posted
...wildgravity

nice way to bring up one of my past posts and using it to 0wnz yourself

posted Hide Post
Yummy. Conflict.

posted Hide Post
Teh, do yourself a huge favor and run, don't walk to your nearest library and pick up any Ray Bradbury book, open it, and start reading it, now, in order to get and hold onto a life, just a friendly suggestion in order to keep you from continuing down this path of bordom your currently treading...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
whoops, a candle in my Bradbury shrine went out. I'd better go re-light it!

posted Hide Post
Whys he saying this about Ray Bradbury, he must be one of those people that doesn't ever read just sits on the couch and watches old television reruns until he dies.

Thats Dandelion Wine

Posts: 6 | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Teh Bradbury>
posted
and your gone now dandelionbrad.

<Teh Bradbury>
posted
bradbury

or

Jesus

if one of them would fall into the abyss and never would have existed what would you choose