Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    My List!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My List!
 Login/Join

posted
I�ve been trying to find & acquire everything (or nearly everything) that Ray has written. That is, aside from all the photocopied, workshop material, ULTRA hard stuff to find. Below is what I own. Any chance I could get a little help determining what I still need to get? Thanks!

One More for the Road
Dandelion Wine
The Martian Chronicles
The Illustrated Man
The Machineries of Joy
R is for Rocket
Zen in the Art of Writing
The Toynbee Convector
A Memory of Murder
Fahrenheit 451
Classic Stories Vol. 1
S is for Space
The October Country
Quicker Than the Eye
Long After Midnight
Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Halloween Tree
The Vintage Bradbury
Green Shadows, White Whale
A Graveyard for Lunatics
Death is a Lonely Business
A Medicine for Melancholy
I Sing the Body Electric!
The Golden Apples of the Sun
I Live by the Invisible
Dogs Think That Every Day is Christmas
When Elephants Last��.
Where Robot Mice & Robot Men��
The Haunted Computer��
Let�s All Kill Constance
From the Dust Returned
Driving Blind
Dark Carnival
A Chapbook for Burnt-Out Priests���
The Stories of Ray Bradbury
Bradbury Stories
Ahmed and the Oblivion Machines
They Have Not Seen the Stars (Collected poetry)
The Best of Ray Bradbury: The Graphic Novel
Vols. 1-7 The Ray Bradbury Chronicles
Switch on the Night
Bradbury An Illustrated Life

Whew! That�s everything. I know I need With a Cat for a Comforter, Dinosaur Tales (Stories?) and Classic Stories Vol. 2. Is there anything else I�m missing?

Posts: 54 | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Andrew.

There are various places on the Web you could look for information:
http://isfdb.tamu.edu/search.html
(type in "Ray Bradbury" and you'll get a long list of stuff both in and out of print
http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in5379
(all the main books listed)
http://www.amazon.com
(choose "Books" and search for Bradbury, Ray and you'll find every title currently in print, and many that aren't)

I hope this helps.

- Phil

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've scoured almost every online resource available, but none of them are usually thorough. That is, there's always an item or two (or three, or four) that isn't included.

At this point I was hoping to hear from some of the experts on this board as to what I may (or may not) be missing.

posted Hide Post
You might see if you can locate a copy of Lloyd Currey's excellent science fiction bibliography:

Science Fiction and Fantasy Authors. A Comprehensive Bibliography.

It was published in the late 1970s, but it is complete to that time.

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andrew:
You DO NOT know what you are getting yourself into... It is bigger than mind or man...
Here's one title, I mentiond just a few previous posts ago: http://www.spaceagecity.com/bradbury/twinh.htm

Lots of posts ago, in "Resources", I believe, posted something entitled, 'What's in Bowling Green?' There is a library there that has many, many things of Ray's. And it's all listed. You may find a title you never heard of...

And there is many small publications, small press stuff. Like Roy Squires. He published mighty fine examples in the art of printing, of Ray's material... from Roy Squires Press...
And there are others.
For instance, I 'believe' there are at least two original titles ...published as miniature books...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever you do, DON'T go looking for these books:

Journey to Far Metaphor
Kaleidoscope and
One Timeless Spring

They DON'T exist! They are just titles the publisher lists to frustrate and fool fans!

As I understand, "They Have Not Seen the Stars" is not quite complete, as it omits certain poems which appeared in small press collections. Some titles you still need are:

The Anthem Sprinters
The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit and
Pillar of Fire (play collections)
Tomorrow Midnight and
The Autumn People (comic collections)
Yestermorrow (essay collection)
and, of course, the elusive but essential
Dark Carnival

Good luck!

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have "The Ghosts of Forever" on the list? Ray Bradbury/Aldo Sessa. (Oversize hardcover). Rizzoli International Publications, NY. 1980.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect! Thank you all very much for the info. Now I have a much better idea of what I still need to try & chase down. Thanks again!

posted Hide Post
Andrew:
Here...look this over...

click on, or type into finder...
http://users.ev1.net/~homeville/isfac/d20.htm

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 09-07-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice Nard.......thanks!