Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Source of "Fire and light" quote?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source of "Fire and light" quote?
 Login/Join

posted
There's a Bradbury quote that I've seen repeatedly in recent years, always (in my encounters) without a location cited. I'm sure someone on this service can help. It begins:
"The universe is thronged with fire and light,/ And we but smaller stars, which, skinned, trapped and kept/Enshrined --"
I'm sure this is a true newbie query, but I'd be glad to hear some details.
Cullie

Posts: 1 | Location: Brooktondale, NY U.S.A. | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could try skimming "Complete Poems," I guess, keeping in mind they are far from being actually complete.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From "The Young Galileo Speaks":

"The Universe is thronged with fire and light
And we but smaller suns which, skinned trapped and kept
Enshrined in blood and precious bones
Hold back the night."

In Where Robot Mice and Robot Men Run Round in Robot Towns which is the first half of The Complete Poems of Ray Bradbury.

Complete then, maybe. Not complete now .

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This may take the record for longest-awaited answer. Ten years, one month, sixteen days fifteen hours and three minutes (according to my calculations).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope the OP wasn't holding his breath!

P. S. The question is barely older than the forum so couldn't have been much longer!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, quoting dandelion at https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...047076116#8047076116 :
quote:
4. Lastly, most important! When you get your answer, whether it be right away or months or years later, PLEASE come back and post it here! If your post is no longer near the top, you can find it by clicking "Find" at the top of the page and searching for your username or some other unusual or distinctive phrase. It would also be nice to mention from what source the answer came.

Answers are good.

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice to be back on the ol' "Hompage".

posted Hide Post
Nice to have you buzzin' around.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post