Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Looking for Imagine

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Imagine
 Login/Join

posted
I recently saw a poster titled, "Imagine" by Ray Bradbury, and illustrated by Joe Mugnaini. The illustration was not very large, and the text took up most of the poster. It was dated 1981, and signed by the author and illustrator.

The text asks the question: Imagine you were dead, and you could choose one minute to come back to life and re-live. What minute would you choose? The answer goes on to say you would choose this minute, or any minute, because every minute, every breath of life, is precious.

I am looking for this passage, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where this is from?

Posts: 2 | Location: Worcester, MA, USA | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While the poem "Imagine" appeared as a limited edition broadside (signed by Ray and Joe Mugnaini)which was published by Lord John Press, and was also used by Ray on a Christmas card several years ago, to my knowledge, it has never been included in any of Ray's poetry collections.

Posts: 2453 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found the following listing on the Advanced Book Exchange. Their website is at:
http://www.abebooks.com

It appears that Lord John Press may still have copies of Ray's poem/broadside "Imagine" for sale. Unfortunately, they are not cheap.

Ray Bradbury, Illustrated by Joseph Mugnaini
IMAGINE
Northridge: Lord John Press, 1981. Very Fine. Limited Signed Edition. Signed by Author Plus. 15 1/2 x 23. Limitation of 150 numbered and signed copies. Great illustration by Mugnaini who has signed in pencil. The opening line has new resonance for me: "Imagine that you have been dead for a year,". Bookseller Inventory #000628
Price: US$ 75.00 (Convert Currency)
Bookseller: Lord John Press, Northridge, CA, U.S.A.

The website for Lord John Press can be reached directly via the following link:
http://www.lordjohnpress.com

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 02-03-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 02-03-2004).]

Posts: 2453 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard,

Thank you very much for the info. It's a shame that a poem as wonderful as this one is not more widely published. That seems to be the case for a lot of his work. I share the hope of others that some day we may have complete publication of all. The $75 price on the broadside is steep. I'll have to think about that one...

Posts: 2 | Location: Worcester, MA, USA | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they release things in limited editions first, some of which show up in more widely commercial publications later, though there are certain poems which never showed up in the "Complete" collection.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post