Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Trying to get a message to Ray Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to get a message to Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
If anyone knows how to get a message to Ray Bradbury please pass this along:

We were told that Ray Bradbury lived at 144 University Blvd. when he went to college in Tucson AZ, If so could he please send a short paragraph about that subject and we wish to ask him if he had any experiences with hauntings?? Since my wife and I are the proud owners of the house and operate it as Upscale University Lodging. We have a web site The Big Blue House with pictures to remind him.
Needless to say, we are very interested in his opinion on the rumours of the killing in this house. Also some may find it interesting to know that this house was built by the Ronstadt family of Tucson and is the same family as Linda Ronstadt who visited her grandmother here often...
I may be contacted by email at ken@hospitalityexchange.net

Posts: 1 | Registered: 28 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Bradbury clan lived across the street from the university, but on Lowell Avenue. Mr. B would have been in his early teens at the time the family lived in Tucson. There is no doubt that he roamed the halls but not as a student. Hopes this helps.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
casper 11~
If you scroll to July 8th, on my blog, there's a photo of Ray and his brother and mother in Arizona, when Ray was a tad younger than college age.

http://catchaway.blogspot.com/

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray didn't go to college, but tell us more about these spooks!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always been a bit confused about the Bradbury family's movements, so I thought I thought I would check in Bradbury's biography for the details of his time in Tucson. Here's a summary of what Sam weller has to say (The Bradbury Chronicles, Wm Morrow, 2005).

Pages 36-37:

The Bradburys first moved from Illinois to Tucson in November 1926 (Ray was 6 years old). They lived on Lowell Avenue. Six-year-old Ray "spent sunbaked afternoons running wild across the sprawling grounds of the University of Arizona campus. He roamed the halls of the Natural Sciences building, staring wide-eyed at exhibits of skeletons,..., dinosaur bones."

Weller quotes Bradbury as saying, "I was a student when I was six - the youngest inhabitant of the University of Arizona."

In the late Spring of 1927, the Bradburys returned to Illinois to live.

Pages 62-63:

In the Autumn of 1932, the Bradburys returned to Tucson. They lived on Stone Avenue. They stayed until mid-1933, then headed back to Illinois again.

Pages 67-68:

In 1934, the Bradburys moved to California. (Where Ray has lived ever since.)

So it seems fair to say that Ray neverlived at 144 University Blvd, and he never went to college in Tucson.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post