Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Bradbury collection coming from Subterranean
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bradbury collection coming from Subterranean
 Login/Join

posted
Just saw this posted on the Subterranean site. Sounds interesting.

"We have reached agreement with Ray Bradbury on what is essentially a brand new collection, consisting of 27 short stories, of which 17 are virtually unpublished. Our edition will likely be limited to 2000 unsigned copies, priced in the $35 range. Look for an announcement on it in the next couple of weeks."

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it sounds good and at a reasonable price for a small press. One never can get too much Bradbury, so it's much appreciated.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like something else Donn found whilst poking round in the garage or cellar!

Go Donn, go!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what does "virtually unpublished" mean? Kinda sorta published, but kinda not?

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am guessing maybe they were in much older magazines and never really collected??

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I think we have an answer. This book is Summer Morning, Summer Night.

posted Hide Post
Attached below is the e-mail about this forthcoming book sent out today by Subterranean Press:

"We've been sent a gift by Ray Bradbury, one of the best projects we've ever had the chance to work on. Summer Morning, Summer Night is a collection of 27 short stories set in Green Town, the setting for Dandelion Wine, Something Wicked This Way Comes, and countless other Bradbury classics. A full seventeen of these stories and vignettes make their first appearance in this collection - which was released in a 100 copy edition last year by PS Publishing, part of a set that cost $750.

We're more than proud to be able to make this book available to the general public, printed in two colors, with a Vincent Chong dust jacket, all for $35.

An important note: Our contract strictly limits us to 2000 hardcover copies priced not less than $35, and given the number of stories that debut in this collection, we expect demand to be high.

Summer Morning, Summer Night is already deep into production, well on schedule for its release, appropriately enough, at Halloween.

Trade: fully cloth bound hardcover edition: $35"

Posts: 2443 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone here actually read the PS edition of Summer Morning, Summer Night? Any thought on the content? I'm also wondering if any of those stories "fit" into the Dandelion Wine story itself? Or were they just written about Greentown and stand completely apart from DW?

posted Hide Post
This morning, I received an e-mail that Subterranean Press issued to its mailing list. Included was information about another new Bradbury collection that will be forthcoming:

"Ray Bradbury, Marionettes, Inc., a new collection featuring the title tale, as well as a number of related stories, including some unpublished material. (Hint: Look for a major Bradbury announcement soon!)"

Posts: 2443 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like the title!

ticktickticktick...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, I saw that too. Sub Press is really trying to get a lot of Bradbury out there.

Sounds interesting, because it's a new collection and it has unreleased stuff. I'm looking foreword to this release. Smiler

posted Hide Post
Yes...Subterranean is certainly on the move in a BIG way in regards to Ray Bradbury. I couldn't be more pleased. So far we have (or WILL have)-

FAREWELL SUMMER limited
I SING THE BODY ELECTRIC limited
GOLDEN APPLES OF THE SUN limited
MOBY DICK: THE SCREENPLAY
SKELETONS chapbook
SUMMER MORNING, SUMMER NIGHT trade hardcover
MARIONETTES INC limited
Un-named mystery novel omnibus edition

BUT....Bill also hinted in the Marionettes announcment that something BIG is in the works...hmmmm.

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I know what this BIG thing is...but I don't think I'm allowed to say.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil,

I agreed, don't say it. Just write it!!! Wink

posted Hide Post
Could it possibly involve Martians?

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post