Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Bradbury collection coming from Subterranean
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bradbury collection coming from Subterranean
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It does work. I see this was actually discussed about much earlier in the post.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is an update on Supbterranean Press books by Ray Bradbury.

http://subterraneanpress.com/index.php/2009/01/28/ray-bradbury-update/

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Subterranean Press is now taking orders for the omnibus collection of Ray's three mystery novels, WHERE EVERYTHING ENDS, which will contain DEATH IS A LONELY BUSINESS, A GRAVEYARD FOR LUNATICS, LET'S ALL KILL CONSTANCE and the previously unpublished short story which provides the collection with its title. Here is a link to the website for ordering information:

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?...e=B&Product_Count=16

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2438 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where Everything Ends. I had not heard of this story (novellete?) before. An interesting collection. I do like the cover art.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Chapbook announced by Subterranean Press:

"Some wonderful news. Ray Bradbury's agent, has just agreed to let us publish a delightful, never-before-published short story, "The Shop of the Mechanical Insects," as a heavily illustrated chapbook. We'll have more information as soon as we have an artist lined up."

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

"Some wonderful news. Ray Bradbury's agent, has just agreed to let us publish a delightful, never-before-published short story, "The Shop of the Mechanical Insects," as a heavily illustrated chapbook. We'll have more information as soon as we have an artist lined up."

If this is like the edition of Skeletons that Sub Press did than I'm pretty excited. A new story in chapbook form, and illustrated beautifully like Skeletons was, and cheaply priced. Count me in!

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gguthrie:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

If this is like the edition of Skeletons that Sub Press did than I'm pretty excited. A new story in chapbook form, and illustrated beautifully like Skeletons was, and cheaply priced. Count me in!

I have not seen a proof or galley so I am not sure.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Subterranean has recently posted a tantalizing "stay tuned for a huge Bradbury announcement" kind of thing...what could it be after THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES? There hasn't been a limited of 451 since the LEC edition...I wonder if that's it?

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ubterranean has recently posted a tantalizing "stay tuned for a huge Bradbury announcement" kind of thing...what could it be after THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES? There hasn't been a limited of 451 since the LEC edition...I wonder if that's it?

Carcosa I really, really hope not. Not only is the LEC edition awesome there was a 50th Anniversary Edition that Graham put out that was and still is top notch. They haven't sold out of their stock yet, so I would be saddened if yet another signed edition of F-451 was released and just killed the value of the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition still in stock with Graham.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...just killed the value of the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition still in stock with Graham.

If one wished to see and/or buy the Vagabond edition of F451 they will be at the UCLA/L.A. Times Festival of Books at the end of April. It truly is a beautiful edition.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Carcosa I really, really hope not. Not only is the LEC edition awesome there was a 50th Anniversary Edition that Graham put out that was and still is top notch. They haven't sold out of their stock yet, so I would be saddened if yet another signed edition of F-451 was released and just killed the value of the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition still in stock with Graham.

Shows how much I know....I wasn't aware of a recent limited. So...I guess that rules THAT out. I wonder what the devil it could be?

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the latest news from Subterranean Press, received this morning in an e-mail announcement sent to its mailing list, regarding its future Ray Bradbury releases:

"Next up in our shipping marathon is Ray Bradbury's special collection of robot stories, Marionettes, Inc., of which Publishers Weekly said, "Cherry-picking the marionette-themed pieces from Bradbury's extensive oeuvre creates a nicely unified tone... The end result is most appealing to Bradbury completists and those who want a good introduction to his work." Like our other Bradbury titles, Marionettes is selling very well, and if the pace of orders continues, we won't have copies in a month to six weeks after publication.

In other Bradbury news, Dave McKean has turned in the fully designed - and illustrated in full-color - chapbook, The Shop of the Mechanical Insects. We have to give this one another good proofing, put ordering details on the site, and then it's off to the printer.

Finally, we're pleased to announce that next year we'll be publishing A Pleasure to Burn: Fahrenheit 451 Stories, which takes the contents of Mr. Bradbury's limited edition of several years ago, Match to Flame, pulls out the facsimile material, and then adds three stories that have only been available in his chapbook, The Dragon Who Ate His Tail. Ours will be an unsigned trade hardcover, priced in the $35-$40 range."

Posts: 2438 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Finally, we're pleased to announce that next year we'll be publishing A Pleasure to Burn: Fahrenheit 451 Stories, which takes the contents of Mr. Bradbury's limited edition of several years ago, Match to Flame, pulls out the facsimile material, and then adds three stories that have only been available in his chapbook, The Dragon Who Ate His Tail. Ours will be an unsigned trade hardcover, priced in the $35-$40 range."

Now THAT is exciting!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not so exciting if you already own Match To Flame and The Dragon Who Ate His Tail!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local library has an autographed edition of Match to Flame, a great collection of assorted material that is!

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post