Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Bradbury collection coming from Subterranean
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bradbury collection coming from Subterranean
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
You have me there - what I meant to say was that doodle is a good word.

But try to doodle a good word - it might be fun.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
How do I doodle a good word?

It's kind of like googling a good word, only different.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
How do I doodle a good word?

Phil,

Doug is a Yankee Doodle Dandy.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Doug is a Yankee Doodle Dandy.

Maybe, but I'm a Briton at heart!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Briton is a good word. (But it's always looked funny to me. Halfway between Britain and Brighton.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a note on the importance of the book's contents from one of its editors, Jon Eller:

Summer Morning, Summer Night was to be Ray Bradbury's first true novel, a highly personal look back at the rapidly disappearing small-town world of the American heartland. But the transition from a master storyteller to mature novelist is a complex process, and Bradbury was constantly distracted by other major projects and opportunities. Finally, in the winter of 1955-56, after consulting with his Doubleday editor, Bradbury indefinitely deferred publication of the novel by extracting seventeen stories and bridging them (along with three other Green Town tales) into his 1957 masterpiece, Dandelion Wine. That ever-popular book, along with Bradbury's 2006 publication of the original novel, now titled Farewell Summer, finally allows us to see what stories and episodes Bradbury decided to retain as he created two books out of one. However, one crucial part of the creative record has never been collected - the stories, scenes and fragments that Bradbury moved out of both books. The most significant of these deleted titles are gathered for the first time in this new collection of Green Town stories."

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Subterranean Press has just announced that its new Ray Bradbury collection, MARIONETTES, INC. is available for pre-ordering, and priced at $35.00. It has an April, 2009 scheduled publication date. It will contain a previously unpublished short story as well as a previously unpublished screen treatment. Here is a link to the Subterranean Press website with news about the book, as well as ordering information:

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?...e=B&Product_Count=14

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just for Mr Braling.

Mariontettes?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Tickticktick!

(Sorry. That one TICKed me off!)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's OK. As long as you don't get ticks.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Does anyone know about this title just spotted on Subterranean website?
WHERE EVERTHING ENDS by Ray Bradbury
Thanks, be seeing you.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Tarkas:
Does anyone know about this title just spotted on Subterranean website?

WHERE EVERYTHING ENDS by Ray Bradbury

According to the Center for Ray Bradbury Studies:

“Where Everything Ends,” [1942-1944]. 23 pp. under a Julius Schwartz agent cover page. Original lost; photocopy held by Donn Albright. Submitted to Flynn’s Detective Fiction (Julius Schwartz to Bradbury, 18 and 25 Mar. 1944). The source of the canal murders in the detective novel, Death Is a Lonely Business (1985).

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Yes, Thank you. I was wondering about any info on this new book or collection. Thank You.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't see it on the Subterranean website - perhaps you could post a link.

This is all I know about it. If it's a new release, it's probably something Donn turned up whilst rummaging thru the garage or basement.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post