Ray Bradbury Forums
New Bradbury collection coming from Subterranean

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/1741000763

27 March 2008, 07:28 AM
bsaenz24
New Bradbury collection coming from Subterranean
Just saw this posted on the Subterranean site. Sounds interesting.

"We have reached agreement with Ray Bradbury on what is essentially a brand new collection, consisting of 27 short stories, of which 17 are virtually unpublished. Our edition will likely be limited to 2000 unsigned copies, priced in the $35 range. Look for an announcement on it in the next couple of weeks."
27 March 2008, 11:44 AM
gguthrie
Yes, it sounds good and at a reasonable price for a small press. One never can get too much Bradbury, so it's much appreciated.
27 March 2008, 12:57 PM
Doug Spaulding
Sounds like something else Donn found whilst poking round in the garage or cellar!

Go Donn, go!

"Live Forever!"
28 March 2008, 08:52 PM
fanboy
what does "virtually unpublished" mean? Kinda sorta published, but kinda not?
29 March 2008, 07:45 PM
bsaenz24
I am guessing maybe they were in much older magazines and never really collected??
09 April 2008, 06:16 AM
gguthrie
Well I think we have an answer. This book is Summer Morning, Summer Night.
09 April 2008, 06:23 AM
Richard
Attached below is the e-mail about this forthcoming book sent out today by Subterranean Press:

"We've been sent a gift by Ray Bradbury, one of the best projects we've ever had the chance to work on. Summer Morning, Summer Night is a collection of 27 short stories set in Green Town, the setting for Dandelion Wine, Something Wicked This Way Comes, and countless other Bradbury classics. A full seventeen of these stories and vignettes make their first appearance in this collection - which was released in a 100 copy edition last year by PS Publishing, part of a set that cost $750.

We're more than proud to be able to make this book available to the general public, printed in two colors, with a Vincent Chong dust jacket, all for $35.

An important note: Our contract strictly limits us to 2000 hardcover copies priced not less than $35, and given the number of stories that debut in this collection, we expect demand to be high.

Summer Morning, Summer Night is already deep into production, well on schedule for its release, appropriately enough, at Halloween.

Trade: fully cloth bound hardcover edition: $35"
21 April 2008, 08:00 PM
bsaenz24
Has anyone here actually read the PS edition of Summer Morning, Summer Night? Any thought on the content? I'm also wondering if any of those stories "fit" into the Dandelion Wine story itself? Or were they just written about Greentown and stand completely apart from DW?
01 May 2008, 06:05 AM
Richard
This morning, I received an e-mail that Subterranean Press issued to its mailing list. Included was information about another new Bradbury collection that will be forthcoming:

"Ray Bradbury, Marionettes, Inc., a new collection featuring the title tale, as well as a number of related stories, including some unpublished material. (Hint: Look for a major Bradbury announcement soon!)"
01 May 2008, 11:24 AM
Braling II
Like the title!

ticktickticktick...
01 May 2008, 12:10 PM
gguthrie
Yea, I saw that too. Sub Press is really trying to get a lot of Bradbury out there.

Sounds interesting, because it's a new collection and it has unreleased stuff. I'm looking foreword to this release. Smiler
01 May 2008, 05:27 PM
Carcosa
Yes...Subterranean is certainly on the move in a BIG way in regards to Ray Bradbury. I couldn't be more pleased. So far we have (or WILL have)-

FAREWELL SUMMER limited
I SING THE BODY ELECTRIC limited
GOLDEN APPLES OF THE SUN limited
MOBY DICK: THE SCREENPLAY
SKELETONS chapbook
SUMMER MORNING, SUMMER NIGHT trade hardcover
MARIONETTES INC limited
Un-named mystery novel omnibus edition

BUT....Bill also hinted in the Marionettes announcment that something BIG is in the works...hmmmm.
02 May 2008, 01:11 PM
philnic
I think I know what this BIG thing is...but I don't think I'm allowed to say.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
02 May 2008, 02:52 PM
bsaenz24
Phil,

I agreed, don't say it. Just write it!!! Wink
03 May 2008, 05:54 PM
Carcosa
Could it possibly involve Martians?