Ray Bradbury Forums
Ray On Sixty Minutes?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/1711098312

01 May 2006, 12:29 PM
biplane1
Ray On Sixty Minutes?
Say, since Ed Bradley is going to be the moderator for the Big Read event May 25th at the Miami-Dade College interviewing Ray on a teleconference from his home in LA, wouldn't it be neat that, somehow, the event be a piece on 60 Minutes?

It seems that if they (whoever "they" may be in this instance) are going to send Ed Bradley to Miami, wouldn't (couldn't) they turn it into a 60 Minutes segment?

And remember, Sam Weller is going to be there as well.
02 May 2006, 12:55 PM
katiebeenogga
I think putting a piece on 60 minutes would be be very beneficial to teens doing research and for their own satisfaction. Smiler
09 May 2006, 07:57 PM
Chapter 31
katiebeenogga,
I agree with you about “60 Minutes”. Maybe, the very fact that they’re taping at all means that they may have some idea of using the footage at some point. Let’s hope.
09 May 2006, 09:46 PM
biplane1
Chapter 31, sir, do you know something that I do not? Taping, what taping? Don't get me wrong because if they are going to be taping the teleconference of Ray's this coming Thursday evening, May 25th at the Miami Dade College then alright, go for it.

But where, pray, did you hear about a taping of the event. Are you projecting positive thoughts toward an unknown ending?

Just kidding! I haven't heard anything about the event being taped but I do plan to be there and will report as to what happens.
09 May 2006, 10:14 PM
Chapter 31
I may be assuming too much but I can’t imagine these boys going anywhere without a camera. Like I said, “Let’s hope.”