Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    UPCOMING RAY BRADBURY EVENTS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPCOMING RAY BRADBURY EVENTS
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
;.
.;

Sam Weller's myspace link is:

........ http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.vi...le&friendid=12460434

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your space, My Space, maybe we all oughta have a space!

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to Sam Weller's My Space page, as noted by Nard, the Santa Clarita Valley date will be Saturday, April 21, 2007. Thanks to Nard and the others on this forum for your communication and cooperation.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is not listed this year, but I believe Ray plans to attend the Paperback show on March 11 and sit at the signing table with his old friend William F. Nolan from noon to 2 p.m.

Richard: It was nice of you to of you to share Ray's high school year book the other night.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, it was great to meet you in person at Ray's production of LEVIATHAN 99. For those living in or around the Los Angeles area, or who may be planning to visit within the next few weeks, I highly recommend the play.

The high school yearbook to which jkt refers is the one for Los Angeles High School's graduating class of 1938, which I had with me. Ray graduated from LAHS that year. Each senior was asked to write three lines for publication next to his or her picture: the first line had to start with an "L" (for "Los"), the second line with an "A" (for "Angeles") and the third line with an "H" (for "High"). What do you think Ray wrote? Here it is:

Likes to write stories.
Admired as a thespian.
Headed for literary distinction.

Talk about predicting the future! Ray Bradbury hit the nail right on the head!

Posts: 2458 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard, thanks. We have not heard much about the play (or seen any photos). Richard, were you able to get Ray to sign the yearbook?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This site has a review of Leviathan and some stock photos:

http://www.torontosplash.com/Entertainment/Leviathan_99_Review.php

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will Bradbury be attending the LA Times Festival of Books this year?

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES THE MAN WILL BE AT UCLA THIS YEAR,
SATURDAY.
I'LL BE LISTING A NON-REPLY TYPE POST IN A DAY OR SO, WITH RB'S UPCOMING EVENTS.

THIS THURSDAY,2/22/07 6PM, MR B WILL BE AT THE TEMECULA CA LIBRARY @ 30600 PAUBA RD 92592
951-693-8900.

TAKE CARE
PATRICK

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There you have it, from THE SOURCE.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got an email tonight about the Temecula Library event. Apparently, passes are required:

===========================

The distribution of passes began at 10 a.m. Within 20 minutes, 200 passes were handed out, said Rosie Vanderhaak, manager of the Temecula Public Library. One pass was given per person and were limited to high school students and adults.

======================================

As far as I can tell, all the passes have been
given out, but I haven't called the Library number posted by Patrick's number during open hours, so I'm not sure.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The event is full, unless you already have a pass.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last Spring (2006) up in Carlsbad, California, Ray spoke at the library there and passes had to be in hand there as well to attend. Got there myself late, and... had to wait with so many others outside the library. [Was nice that a TV monitor was available to see what was going on inside.] But after sunset, a long line formed for those wanting a book signed or just to meet the author.

..... And so, this YOUTUBE video, shot at Carlsbad Library last year, is a little indication of what you may be up against in today in Temeculah should you NOT have a pass...(and it's raining today)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfTR1DfM-KE

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd say I'd stay home. That looks like a midnighter!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: embroiderer,

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of that Apple Store queue in Japan when it first opened:

http://homepage.mac.com/hsk/applejapan.html

(You'll need Quicktime)

Also reminds me of the ComicCon 2006 line to get into RB, 4E and Harryhausen. I usually have no problems at libraries - just stroll in, go up to RB and start chatting him up!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post