Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    UPCOMING RAY BRADBURY EVENTS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPCOMING RAY BRADBURY EVENTS
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Here is the link to the article in the Glendale News Press about Ray's signing at Mystery and Imagination:
http://www.glendalenewspress.com/articles/2006/11/20/fe...s/gnp-bradbury20.txt

If the link does not work for you go to www.glendalenewspress.com and search for Ray Bradbury. The title of the front page article is "He lights the literary fire."

As a way of introduction I was the pudgy guy with the thinning hair who was handing Ray the books that day. Also, I wrote my own review of the day that should be printed in the GNP in the next day or so.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the link to the follow-up article I wrote about Ray's booksigning at Mystery and Imagination in Glendale. It was printed in today's paper.

http://www.glendalenewspress.com/articles/2006/11/27/opinion/gnp-comment27.txt

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray has another new play, The Messiah, which premieres Saturday December 2nd and runs three performances. For more information:

Fremont Centre Theatre
1000 Fremont Ave. (at El Centro), So. Pasadena, CA 91030
Admission: $10 (a special holiday price)
Showing Saturdays: December 2, 9, 16, 2006 at 8 pm
For Reservations, call 323-960-4451
Online Ticketing: ww.Plays411.com/raybradbury

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Here is the information link to Ray's next play; Leviathan 99

http://www.plays411.com/newsite/show/play_info.asp

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
jkt's link doesn't (for me, at least) go straight to the play. Here's a link that does (I hope!).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leviathan '99

Fremont Centre Theatre
1000 Fremont Ave.
South Pasadena,CA

Ray Bradbury's Pandemonium Theatre Company performs a streamlined version of Bradbury's play, a re-imagining of Melville's "Moby Dick" in outer space, as a blinded captain leads his crew in pursuit of a killer comet. Alan Neal Hubbs directs. Bradbury is scheduled to attend the Feb. 3 opening.

February 03 - March 03
Sundays: 3 p.m.
Fridays: 8 p.m.
Saturdays: 8 p.m.

Price: $20
Box office: 323-960-4451

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
jkt:

Will be there this Saturday to help slay the comet.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

Come over and say hello. I'll be the one hawking the books for Ray.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Tell him the Dandelion Wine audio CD is AWESOME! I wish I could be there!

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt: I couldn't find an email for you or your phone, but NO PLAY TONIGHT. NO book selling, therefore.

No play tomorrow night because of Super Bowl. So, maybe next week.....

(Were you coming from San Diego?)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Luckily for me I'm only five miles from the theater even if I'd have gone. Yes, the premiere is now for the 10th with one half-price preview for the 9th. I was sorry to hear about the actor taking ill. I'll be there pretty much each evenng that Ray attends...which is usually going to be Saturday nights.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Ray's current play is Leviathan 99, which ends March 4th. Those of you not living in the Los Angeles area can plan your Summer vacation around his next play, Dandelion Wine. As of now, the play will run from mid-June until the end of July.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Ray is up on the Comic-con website, on board again for Comic-con 2007!

www.comic-con.org

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In April, the Santa Clarita Valley, 30 miles north of Los Angeles, Magic Mountain Country, is planning a Big Read Event based on Ray's Fahrenheit 451. Click the link below for complete details. Please note the article states Sam Weller has committed to attend, and it is hoped Ray Bradbury will attend. Also the SCV library has ordered at least 800 copies of the novel. Additionally, what was in the local paper but not posted online, is that some copies of F-451, either at book stores or libraries, will have golden tickets inside that can be redeemed for prizes. I hope this information helps you.

http://www.the-signal.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=46356&format=html

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This event is also listed on Sam Weller's MySpace page. Not on bradburychronicles.com though. If I see Sam at Columbia College I will ask him. I'm there once a week for my last class and then I graduate and must enter the working world. Anyone hiring web designers?

Posts: 13 | Location: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post