Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    UPCOMING RAY BRADBURY EVENTS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPCOMING RAY BRADBURY EVENTS
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
For those of you that just love last minute notice Ray will be at the Paperback show, in Mission Hills today. He will be sitting ans signing with William F. Nolan (Logan's Run) from 2pm - 4pm. For more informatin: http://www.blackace.net/new.htm

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. B was at the Paperback show for something short of two hours. What was fun was that he was not on the original schedule but word spread like wild-fire once it was known that Ray would be there. People who only planned on staying for an hour in the morning stayed 'til the end because Ray was signing at 2 p.m. Any dealer that had a Ray paperback sold it.

Nard, You should have driven the length of the 405. :-}

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anything Bradburian (book signings, plays, whatever) happening down there in LA in early May?
I may be down there for my son's Senior Recital at USC, then soon thereafter for commencement...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Anything Bradburian happening down there in LA in early May?
I may be down there for my son's Senior Recital at USC, then soon thereafter for commencement...

I'm sure something will pop up then , Mr B - the other Mr B is quite the man about town lately. Busy, busy!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Go Bruins!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know if Bradbury will be there, but Sam Weller is scheduled to speak at the Montalvo Arts Center, 154 Montalvo Rd., Saratoga, CA. on March 30th, 2007. Since he is listed as a biographer, I take it he MUST mention his work and the subject of his work, Ray Bradbury. Montalva Arts Center is located in the City Hall.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Sam is going to be out in Los Angeles area for the 30th of March, that means, unfortunately, that he is not likely to be here for the screening of The Small Assassin downtown Chicago. Hey, Sam, get back here!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard- Montalvo is about 30 minutes away!
Unfortunately, I've got a gig that evening in the other direction.
What time is the Weller talk?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Busy, busy we all are, or devastated by distance. Should we all have access to private jets, a few extra bucks in our pockets, and the ability to REALLY multi-task!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, whatever happened to all those jet packs we were all supposed to be flying around with by now?

posted Hide Post
yes, private jets, please, so we can fly back and forth to L.A. for book signings.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jet packs? Naw! See the last scene in the last mimzy.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is not the Montalvo California Arts Center near San Francisco? Santa Clarita, the April 21st event, is just outside Los Angeles.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Saratoga is in the South West of the Silicon Valley, up against the hills, in the RICH neighborhood. Think San Jose and then move West a bit. One hour south of San Francisco.
Santa Clarita is about 30 minutes North of the San Fernando Valley ("The Valley") Which is about an hour or so from downtown LA.

We don't do miles out here, just time, and the time gets longer every year, as more and more people keep coming to Mexifornia!

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've emailed Sam Weller to ask him if he will be attending, or even if he knows that the following weekend is the Festival of Books. Since we missed him at Ray's Leviathan 99 party it would be nice if they were both at the Festival.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Los Angeles Times UCLA Festival of Books: I talked to Ray today and he will be there on Saturday the 28th. From 2 pm - 4 pm Ray will probably be signing with his friends at Vagabond Books. At 5 p.m. Ray will be giving a lecture at Royce Hall.

http://www.latimes.com/extras/festivalofbooks/

Ray is also expected to be at the Santa Clarita Library, as part of their Big Read program on April 14th. With F451 being the book Santa Clarita has chosen to read. The following Saturday Sam Weller will be there, too.

John King Tarpinian