Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    UPCOMING RAY BRADBURY EVENTS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPCOMING RAY BRADBURY EVENTS
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Here is the newspaper account of the event - with a nice photo:

Ray speaks at Temecula Library

Posts: 11 | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this, Nik. Did you get a chance to talk with Ray? It's good to see that he's beloved by many.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in the area back then at the Carlsbad Library event last year, and was unable to get in. Seems tickets at some of these events are a paramount importance.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last evenings Planetary Society benefit at Ray's play, Leviathan 99 was great fun. The guys that designed the Mars Rovers, etc, were there. Robert Percardo, the holographic doctor from Star Trek, TNG was there, too. He had Ray sign a copy of 451 for his daughter since she is reading if for school.

The co-founder of the Society gave a tribute speech about Ray...saying in his travels to promote planetary exploration around the world and in any language Ray is their inspiration.

The Planetary Society gave him the Mars flag they designed; that has already been to space of a shuttle mission. They made him promise to let them borrow it back when the first manned mission goes to Mars. Also, the next unmanned mission to Mars will have a recording of Martian Chronicles on it. How's that for cool and a fitting honor for Mr. B.

You don't have to burn books
to destroy a culture. Just get
people to stop reading them.
-- Ray Bradbury

jkt@earthlink.net

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt: Great info to all of us. Mr. B must have been in his glory. Rightfully so!

I am currently doing Martian Chronicles in a freshman hs lit. unit. We are listening to the unabridged B.onT. version. It is interesting because I have two publications, Bantam '79 and Morrow '97, being used to read along word for word. Slight differences in dates of events occuring and phrasing of text from time to time.

Kids are enthralled. We are going to do a major Mars research report to correspond with the text (and most likely send some "Thank You's" to RB when we are done.)

Onward to Mars! In 15-20 years maybe one of my students will be caring that flag to a Martian landscape named Ray Bradbury Valley, where Greentown will, no doubt, then have its start.

(A former student of mine actually did have a hand in the design of the inflated landing containers in which those wonderful little robot rovers arrived, bouncing on to their new worlds.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray's play, Leviathan '99, has been extended one week. If you've not seen this yet you still have a chance. It runs thru the 11th of March. Mr. B has indicated that he will, come heck or high water, be attending the performance on the 10th because his biographer, among others, Don Albright, will be in-the-house. This should make for an enjoyable evening.

For more information:
http://www.plays411.com/newsite/show/play_info.asp?show_id=835

We are an impossibility in an impossible universe.
--Ray Bradbury

jkt@earthlink.net

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic: You beat me to the punch of this one, pertaining to info on Leviathan.

Yep, was pleasantly surprised to hear the possibility of Sam Weller being in attendance next week. And with everyone else, will be a great fun gathering. I intend to attend...and post some photos afterwards.

[Seems the powers that be have somewhere along the line eliminated 'jpegs' from upload on single postings. (zip okay, etc etc)... I had a photo of the theater to post, so I'll have to post on ALBUM instead...]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
philnic: You beat me to the punch of this one, pertaining to info on Leviathan.

Huh?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic: This is one of those unexplainable things. Was certain that you posted that Sam Weller info.

posted Hide Post
Understood. Happens to me all the time!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Donn Albright were going to be in attendance then he would be Ray's Bibilographer and Sam Weller, in the true sense, would be his Biographer. I just called Donn to check this out and he said that he has, at times, worn both hats, and yes, he will be there.

Perchance it is a matter of Semantics.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perchance is a good word.

I might just go!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be the one hawking Ray's books before and after the play Saturday night. Please come on over and say "Hey."

John King Tarpinian
jkt@earthlink.net

<Teh Bradbury>
posted
wo wats ta goez wid meh

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Teh Bradbury>
posted
????

Reply With QuoteReport This Post