Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    UPCOMING RAY BRADBURY EVENTS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPCOMING RAY BRADBURY EVENTS
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Witchypoo:
Dad will also be at Barnes & Noble, Thousand Oaks, on October 21st at noon...

Brilliant! Twenty minute's drive from my house.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twenty minutes' drive in L.A? How far is that? Three blocks?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:

It's about twenty miles.

But I take your point. Last August, as Forry and I left Ray's house in Cheviot Hills heading back to Forry's house in Los Feliz, the 15 mile trip took about an hour and a half!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention that he'll also be at Vroman's in Pasadena on his favorite holiday, Halloween!

Smiler

Posts: 12 | Registered: 13 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:

Tuesday at 4 p.m. a sixty-four mile trip took two hours and forty minutes.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This link will take you to the information about Mr. B's Halloween Day book signing at Vroman's bookshop at 12 noon in Pasadena, CA:

http://www.vromansbookstore.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s...vents&eventId=359830

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all

I have just joined this site and I am unsure where I should post my query.

My husband's favorite author is Ray Bradbury and he has inspired him for years to write his own work.
I know Ray is due to show for signings this month but as I am in the UK, it's impossible for me to get there.
My husbands dream is to have a signed copy of a Ray Bradbury book. I wondered if anyone knows if it's possible for me to call the store and have them get a signed book for me? Has anyone done this before?
I have no idea where else to look.

I do not want to go on ebay and purchase from there as I would like a recent signing.

If anyone could offer any advice I would be very grateful.

Thanks so much

Summer

Posts: 3 | Location: UK | Registered: 15 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Frost and Fire in November - tickets are available now!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Phil, will ye nae help th poor lass?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by:
I wondered if anyone knows if it's possible for me to call the store and have them get a signed book for me?

This shoppe deals in signed copies. I think they may just ship one to you.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Summer-Caitlin:
Hi all

I have just joined this site and I am unsure where I should post my query.

My husband's favorite author is Ray Bradbury and he has inspired him for years to write his own work.
I know Ray is due to show for signings this month but as I am in the UK, it's impossible for me to get there.
My husbands dream is to have a signed copy of a Ray Bradbury book. I wondered if anyone knows if it's possible for me to call the store and have them get a signed book for me? Has anyone done this before?
I have no idea where else to look.

I do not want to go on ebay and purchase from there as I would like a recent signing.

If anyone could offer any advice I would be very grateful.

Thanks so much

Summer

You can also email Mystery and Imagination to place an order: info@mysteryandimagination.com Address the email to Christine. Of course there is the issue of shipping costs but this store does not mark-up a new book over the printed retail price.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Mr. B is scheduled to be at the Thousand Oaks, California Barnes and Noble bookshop this Sunday the 21st at 12 noon.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Mr. B is also scheduled to sign on Sunday the 28th at the Ray Bradbury Festival.

Bradbury Festival Special Events
Sunday, October 28

12:00pm:
Ray Bradbury book signing
2:30pm:
The Machines, Beyond Shylock - a multimedia adaptation of Bradbury's poem. Features taped narration by Malcolm McDowell ("A Clockwork Orange") and live music performed by composer Jonathan McEuen.
3:00pm:
"The Pedestrian" - a short film adapted from Bradbury's short story. Directed by Chard Hayward. Cinematography by Harry Frith.
4:00pm:
The Halloween Tree - an adaptation of Bradbury's story about trick-or-treaters who investigate the disappearance of their friend. Peachtree Theater Company Founder Demitri Corbin directs an ensemble of local sixth-graders.
7:00pm:
Performance of The Illustrated Man

Prices:
Single tickets for The Illustrated Man: $30
Single pass for all Sunday afternoon events (excluding performance of
The Illustrated Man): $30
Festival Pass for The Illustrated Man and all Sunday festival events: $50 ($10 savings)
Full-time students with ID: 1/2 price!

For further information:
http://www.rubicontheatre.org/special_bradbury.php

John King Tarpinian