Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Looking for scripts

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for scripts
 Login/Join

posted
We are trying to locate a script for the stage adaptation of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES; or even better yet, for the 2007 Radio Play.

Does anyone know of a publisher/source for either of these?

Thanks much!

Posts: 1 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 21 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, mhall427, and welcome.

I've been studying Bradbury's dramatic writing for years, and I'm pretty certain the play version of SWTWC is unpublished.

Most of Ray's plays are published by Dramatic Publishing, but SWTWC isn't among them.

You could try contacting Ray's agent, Don Congdon Associates. Full contact info is here: http://1000literaryagents.com/...ry-agent.php?id=1471

The 2007 radio production was produced by Colonial Radio Theatre, using Bradbury's stage play as the script with just a few tweaks carried out by Jerry Robbins. Jerry might be able to point you in the right direction for obtaining a script. The easiest way to contact Jerry would probably be to post a comment on his Colonial Blog, or follow the blog's link to his Facebook page.

I hope this helps!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I directed Pillar of Fire's stage production of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES back in October 2005.

For that production, I worked from two separate drafts of the script and pretty much consolidated the two. One was the version produced in the 1990s (I'd have to double-check the exact year) for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. The other was the production script from the Pandemonium production presented in Santa Monica in 2003. Neither script, nor the consolidated version we produced, has ever been published. We were the first company to produce the play on the East Coast.

Contact me at my e-mail address (or via the Pillar of Fire page on Facebook) if I can be of any further assistance.

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post