Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Russian Tragedies
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russian Tragedies
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I am not saying to have dialogue with the extremists. I am saying we should not aggrevate those who are not extremists, for to do so is to push them over to the other side. That is precisely what is happening right now. The most recent afghanistan war was fine in that it got rid of hard core muslims. The Iraqi war created them.
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found this article (main yahoo news piece). Judge for yourselves whether I'm wrong or not.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=516&e=8...e_as/sept_11_world_4

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Holster that weapon, soldier!"

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When one views the world as an unhappy place to be, and is angry at life, there is no reason required for the events that unfolded. One of my "assignments" in life was to "teach" an awareness class about terrorists. That is, what is it that makes these "people" tick. Imagine that your frame of reference for life is 180 degrees from where you are now. If you can move there, then you may have some perspective of how people that commit these acts perceive the world. When I began my training to train, it was very difficult to wrap my mind (or unwrap my mind) around some of the mindsets of terrorists. Remember though, that if a terrorist can strike fear into one person, their goal in life has been achieved. If the media play into it, and the terrorist(s) know about the media, the goal of the terrorist has been achieved tenfold. The recruitment of these people is based on their most vulnerable emotions and perceptions, and can include religion, nationalism, race, ethnicity . . . Typically those recruited see themselves wronged someway by someone else, and justify the choice of death and destruction "as making the other [wrongdoer] atone. Scary, sad, but part of our world.

[This message has been edited by grybkjr (edited 09-12-2004).]

Posts: 14 | Location: Hermiston OR, USA | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post