Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Yohohohlayhehe
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yohohohlayhehe
 Login/Join

posted
I scream from the highest mountain, calling my brethren, and yet they do not come. They've left the mountain which they were protected by, which they spent their youth climbing, and sliding on. Living in caves, and discussing what was to be, what has been, and the words of the prophet or just prophetic poet whom doesn't need to be named because his name is in bold caps in my mind.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just being odd...

posted Hide Post
ooooh.....a playmate.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like your oddness. What do you say we turn this place into our own little playground?

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good gosh! An abandoned website. How often do you find one of these?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well let's dress it up for a party.

1. Disco ball (check)
2. Streamers (check)
3. Tables and chairs (check)
4. Punch bowl (check)
5. Dandelion wine (check)
6. Irish ale (check)
7. Entertainment - hmmmm, maybe those guys who did the October Country LP?

posted Hide Post
Well maybe we can throw a party on this here mountain. Celebrate the...erm...you know that thing, and the checklist seems to have everything we need. Except I personally am a bit worried about where to hang the disco ball, and we'll need to shoo the billy goats out of our cave so as to set up the chairs, tables, and punch bowl. Ahh the sweet life of luxury.

posted Hide Post
Nard, I think it might be a historic find. Something that'll shake the foundation of modern day science, and make those people's brain whirl quickly making up a new set of theories. Never thought I'd see an abandoned website, I bet there are skeletons in the closet too... Oh Good God, I'm the skeleton in the closet!! NO!!!

posted Hide Post
There must be a practical use for this website, as long as it continues! Don't you think? It's like an abandoned building...a large abandoned building.

What sort of government runs this place?

Are there police?

Is anyone watching except stragglers that come accidentally by?

Is this whole thing running on the dime of the company unbeknownst by the accountants, except maybe for tax deduction purposes?

Do we all get turned off one day on the whim of someone with recollections of some unfinished business, and does so while sipping a Starbucks Chocolate Grande?

If someone turns this into a 'Orson Welles Website'..will a notice come up that says in bright flashing lights: NO! NO! NO! Or will there be, instead, riots on the board from die-hard Bradbury aficionados?

Is someone ALWAYS having one eye at 1/18th attention -power on this board...waiting for the slightest out-of-tune movement? Or...

...is there just this SILENT TOWN...whispering, whispering beneath the cold far away stars...present all over the world but found only by a mouse and the right combination of keystrokes?
_

Getting back to the original question:
Is there really a practical use for this abandoned board?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To hell with practicality.

I'm happy with the impractical usage.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 06-08-2005).]

posted Hide Post
A, NK, GS:
Doesn't it have the feel of that old, abandoned house on the outskirts of town?

Though not completely broken down, or really terrifying like some "Absolutley No Trespassing" haunts seemed, the doors here are still open, occasion light bulbs hang ready in far-outdated sockets, the lawns now long gone to field, and yet there is the adventure of entering where we have been cautioned not to.

Most in the "Blue World" do not know we are here. So, has it come to this, as with the inquiry of Poe's Fortunato, "Are you of the Brotherhood?"

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 06-08-2005).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems to me more like an ancient, abandoned, fragile, crystalline Martian city - brush away the wind-accumulated sand and the incredible patterns on the oft-trodded yet pristine tiles appear...If we find the Blue Bottle, shall we pass it around, take the smallest sip, and see what happens?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BII: Nice! You definitley have brought you're "trowel!"

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well now I'm ready to party if the punch bowls, chairs, and disco ball haven't been stolen out of our cave. Hey speaking of our cave...Isn't bradbury too far from the cave, for too long or something like that, eh?

posted Hide Post
Wow! I thought the site was closed down for good. Whatever it was it affected the new Bradbury site as well. But all is working again. Thought our fun was now relocated to the history books.

Naw! We're still alive!!