Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bleeding Edge - New Bradbury,Matheson,Nolan, Johnson,etc.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bleeding Edge - New Bradbury,Matheson,Nolan, Johnson,etc.
 Login/Join

posted
I wanted to drop a little post here as I knew a few of you guys might be interested.

We're publishing a new anthology that features brand new/previously unpublished fiction from Bradbury, Matheson, Nolan, Johnson and many others. We're getting ready to go to the printer's very soon and starting to take preorders for just the Deluxe Signed Edition. There will be only 75 copies of this up for sale and we anticipate it will go quickly.

Here's the lineup:

Cover and Interior art by Kris Kuksi
Forward by S.T. Joshi
Introduction by Editors William F. Nolan and Jason V Brock
"Some of My Best Friends Are Martians" - Ray Bradbury
"De Mortuis" - John Tomerlin
"Love & Magick" - James Robert Smith
"Madri-Gall" - Richard Matheson & R.C. Matheson
"Hope and the Maiden" - Nancy Kilpatrick
"The Death and Life of Cesar LaRue" - Earl Hamner
"A Certain Disquieting Darkness" - Gary A. Braunbeck
"The Boy Who Became Invisible" - Joe R. Lansdale
"Getting Along Just Fine" - William F. Nolan
"The Grandfather Clock" - George Clayton Johnson
"Triptych: Three Bon Bons" - Christopher Conlon
"The Hand That Feeds" - Kurt Newton
"The Central Coast" - Jason V Brock
"Omnivore" - Dan O'Bannon
"Just A Suggestion" - John Shirley
"I, My Father, and Weird Tales" - Frank M. Robinson
"Silk City" - Lisa Morton
"Red Light" - Steve Rasnic Tem
"How It Feels To Murder" - Norman Corwin
"At The Riding School" - Cody Goodfellow

To Order, follow the link to our special page we've set up for the book. The Deluxe Edition is on sale for $175.00. Shipping will be additional.

Here's the link: http://jasunni.com/shop/index....viewProd&productId=1

There will also be a trade hardcover retailing for $65 ($55 with preorder or newsletter coupon). These will unnumbered and 400 copies will be done. These will be signed by the editors Nolan and Brock. We're not asking for payments now for these as the number being produced is much larger, but you can drop us a note via email or post to reserve a copy for you.

- James Beach and Jason Brock
(Dark Discoveries Pub)(Cycatrix Press)
www.darkdiscoveries.com
www.jasunni.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: darkdiscoveries,

Posts: 16 | Registered: 02 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This looks great, but the price is a bit steep for those of us impacted by the recession. Also, though I've had good luck with pre-orders on expensive books from small presses, others on these boards have been burned in the past. But, please, keep us posted.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi James, I was wondering if the Deluxe Edition is signed by all of the authors (Bradbury and Matheson are the ones I'm concerned about)?

Thanks,

Geoff

btw, I have a subscription with Dark Discoveries magazine, and they have done a great job so far. But this is their first book, so I can't comment on quality, but I wouldn't be worried about this one not getting published as it's their first book.

I just thought I would mention that in case if anyone is interested on what and who Dark Discoveries is...

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stick a video clip in whenever I find the opportunity. Since Bill Nolan is listed along with Bradbury, here's a video clip where Nolan and Bradbury talk about meeting each other for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...feature=channel_page

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nice collection. was "Some of My Best Friends Are Martians" written for this book?

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to post a little update for everyone here (Thanks for the vote of confidence too Geoff!). The book is all put together and we're getting ready to head to the printer's with it at the start of September. We have all of the signature sheets back except for one set that we are waiting on.

The Bradbury tale is an unpublished Mars tale from the early 1950's. It's a cool little social/political scifi piece from (what many believe is) his best period.

A couple of the things are a bit older (like the Matheson's collaboration and George Clayton Johnson's contribution), but all the stories are previously unpublished.

Well over half of the print run is reserved so don't miss out on a copy. The Deluxe will probably take a bit longer, but the trade will probably be done by the end of September.

PS: Cool video Nard. Thanks for posting the link!

- James

posted Hide Post
Just wanted to let everybody know the trade edition is done and shipping now. Thanks to everybody who ordered one and we've still got some copies left for anybody else who's interested. The Deluxe Edition should be done and shipping from the binder later this month. Here's the link to the shopping cart: www.jasunni.com/shop

We're also planning on having a big signing in LA in February with a number of the contributors (including some legendary authors). More on this soon!

- Jason V. Brock & James R. Beach
(Cycatrix Press and Dark Discoveries Publications)
www.jasunni.com
www.darkdiscoveries.com