Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Pleasure to Burn (Hardcover) New Ray Book for 2010
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Pleasure to Burn (Hardcover) New Ray Book for 2010
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nope, the contents of the book are pretty basic - after the Table of Contents, it's straight into the stories. No text other than the stories. The copyright information in the front is also minimal; there is no first publication information per story (though thanks to your website and other sources, this information is easily available). It's basically for someone who wants the Bradbury fiction from Match to Flame, without the bonus material. It basically combines the fiction parts of Match to Flame and the Dragon chapbook, minus the "Ignorant Armies" novella.

I've always understood that "Where Ignorant Armies Clash by Night" is an unfinished novel fragment. There's a page of it in The Life of Fiction, but that's all I know about it, for now.

By the way, APTB does have a cover by Joseph Mugnaini, which is copyrighted 2010, so I don't think that features anywhere in Match to Flame.

The post by Bill of Subterranean Press, on the first page of this thread, also clarifies the value of the book a bit more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: douglasSP,

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

By the way, APTB does have a cover by Joseph Mugnaini, which is copyrighted 2010, so I don't think that features anywhere in Match to Flame.

The Mugnaini concept cover art is unique to APTB. It did not appear in Match to Flame.

--
jJ

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My g f will order it thru Subterranean too SmilerSmiler

"Once a Ray Bradbury fan, always a Ray Bradbury fan!"Smiler

Posts: 32 | Location: Bermuda Triangle | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have A Pleasure to Burn but not Match to Flame, you still may be interested in the Textual Notes by Professor Jon Eller.
They are posted on the Center for Ray Bradbury Studies website and available for pdf download. Here is the webpage: http://www.iupui.edu/~crbs/matchtoflame.html

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post