Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    August 25th
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

August 25th
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Not to worry, many cameras will be clicking away.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Not to worry, many cameras will be clicking away.

:-D

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the banner that book shop has hung outside their store.

John King Tarpinian

ImageRay_Banner.JPG (173 Kb, 23 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this info.Mr B is graced by
havig friends like you.I will be there and bring
the four autographs that ? everyone and we will
se what Mr. B thinks
Drew

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,The party was greatMr Bradbury was looking goood,and what an honor to see Mr Nolan
present him with his lifetime Pulitzer was
something I never thought I would see.Thank you
to JKT and all the other people who made it
happen.There were about 200 people,A great
cake covered with dinosaurs and a lot of LOVE.
P.S. My 1953 is a forgery

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
drewbaker, shame about the fake autograph. Who confirmed this? Was it RB himself?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a fine event and I was grateful to be able to share in the fun. Having William Nolan, George Clayton Johnson, Anne Hardin, et al there made it seem even more special than his usual appearances.

Great to meet Nard (I was the tall guy in the white t-shirt) as well. He was busy inscribing the bookstore wall with his John Hancock when I said hello.

I believe I met JKT as well.

Cheers to everyone who was there. Only, next time tell me that Ray and his entourage are going to be drinking wine... I'll bring some for myself!

-Bill

Posts: 12 | Registered: 17 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's always drinking wine.

A very humourous part of the event was when a certain party made the announcement that, whilst the queues were very long at the beginning, George Clayton Thomas would be upstairs having a Q & A. George was walking right past me as this was said, and he offered me a wide smile at the comment, at which I said to him, "Mr Thomas!"

A fun time was had by all!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

A very humourous part of the event was when a certain party made the announcement that, whilst the queues were very long at the beginning, George Clayton Thomas would be upstairs having a Q & A. George was walking right past me as this was said, and he offered me a wide smile at the comment, at which I said to him, "Mr Thomas!"

Hey, I was doing five things at once and am terrible with names. ;-}

Not being a drinker it never dawned on me that one could not buy wine before 6 a.m. I knew you could not buy it after 2 a.m. but it so of course there had to be a starting time to buy wine. Reminds me of Gremlins...it is always after midnight.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Hey, I was doing five things at once and am terrible with names. ;-}

Not being a drinker it never dawned on me that one could not buy wine before 6 a.m. I was at the market at 5:30 a.m. and learned this. I knew you could not buy it after 2 a.m. so of course there had to be a starting time to buy wine. Reminds me of Gremlins...it is always after midnight.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Hey, Powervideo!
Hey, sorry didn't get around to talk with you for any length of time. Have you learned anything new from the dissertation of George Clayton concerning "darkness faster than light" theory? I have a bit of his dialogue concerning the many facets of facets on Video. Should I...shouldn't I...YOUTUBE the thing?

ALSO:
What happened to "patrask"?

It was one of those things, I'll call him if he wants to go, he'll call me if he wants to go...and it winds-up no one calls no one and Phil (patrask) doesn't show! Hope he is feeling well, come to think of it!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, I was doing five things at once and am terrible with names.

Now I didn't mention any names!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Should I...shouldn't I...YOUTUBE the thing?
ALSO:
What happened to "patrask"?

You should always YouTube things!

Phil said things came up which prevented his deployment to the event. Alas poor Phil.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Just a note of thanks! to all of you who posted photos, video, and other news of this event. It must be great to be out there where the action is.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post